Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,477

1 members and 3,476 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook
  • 04-26-2022, 02:56 PM
    Neko_snake
    What do you guys think of my new climbing opportunity?
    Hey guys,
    My ball python loves climbing around so I've been looking for a decent piece of wood for him to climb on for a while now. I couldn't find anything I liked so I decided to make it. I found some cork bark branches at a local pet store and after seeing how people make backgrounds I decided to try to make something myself. This is my first time making something like this and it isn't the prettiest but I'm pretty proud of it. Now if I was making this again I'd probably make it smaller but as my boy is still growing I think it works for now. It's made from cork branches, expanding foam, black acrylic paint, and a decent amount of silicone. Tips on how to make it better are appreciated but remember it's my first time making something so please don't judge it too hard.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d597ec3244.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e941e863db.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
  • 04-26-2022, 03:17 PM
    Erie_herps
    I think it looks good, depending on how heavy it is you might need to weigh it down or bury it in the substrate, but I can't tell that from a picture.
  • 04-26-2022, 03:17 PM
    Bogertophis
    Not bad at all- I like how it looks in there- it's very creative, & the main thing is, if your snake likes it- I suspect he will. :gj:
  • 04-26-2022, 04:15 PM
    Neko_snake
    Re: What do you guys think of my new climbing opportunity?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Erie_herps View Post
    I think it looks good, depending on how heavy it is you might need to weigh it down or bury it in the substrate, but I can't tell that from a picture.

I actually had to put a rock near the base and spray foam that in because at first it wasn't sitting right. But now it doesn't tip over or move at all. Almost forgot I put that in there. Thanks for thinking it looks good.

• 04-26-2022, 04:19 PM
    Neko_snake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Not bad at all- I like how it looks in there- it's very creative, & the main thing is, if your snake likes it- I suspect he will. :gj:

Lol well once his lights go out, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him to see his reaction. Thanks for the encouragement. I really liked making this so I'll probably be trying more DIY things in the future. This did take a while and because it was my first time I made a couple mistakes which made it take longer and cost more but it was worth it to me.

• 04-26-2022, 05:17 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko_snake View Post
    Lol well once his lights go out, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him to see his reaction. Thanks for the encouragement. I really liked making this so I'll probably be trying more DIY things in the future. This did take a while and because it was my first time I made a couple mistakes which made it take longer and cost more but it was worth it to me.

Few get it right on the first try, & so many more NEVER try at all- but once you allow your creativity to partake, it gets easier. ;) More fun & fewer regrets. :w00t:
  • 04-26-2022, 05:21 PM
    Trinityblood
    Cool idea! Not sure if by ideas you mean in looks or function. Hmm. Maybe some fake moss on the fake rock? Or plant bits? Adding a perch branch between two of the branches?
  • 04-27-2022, 12:18 PM
    Albert Clark
    I think it looks very creative! You will always be able to tweak it going forward. See if it will have the functionality that you prefer for the reptile.