Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,416

0 members and 2,416 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,595
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW

Gravid Cheeto

Printable View

• 01-14-2024, 08:58 PM
    emerican247
    Gravid Cheeto
    https://imgur.com/gallery/vQxmAVs
    My second female of the season to start showing, fingers crossed on this one!!! Pairing is Orange Calico x Garden Tiger
  • 01-14-2024, 11:31 PM
    BeansTheDerp
    Re: Gravid Cheeto
    Ah I am way too tired! I read the title and thought you were talking about an actual cheeto... Beautiful snake by the way! Good luck!
  • 01-15-2024, 12:06 AM
    Bogertophis
    Good luck with Cheeto- great looking snake & perfect name for her.
  • 01-17-2024, 03:42 PM
    emerican247
    Thanks a lot, everyone. I am very exited for this litter. Some calico tigers are just what the doctor ordered for my breeding program!!!
  • 01-17-2024, 03:46 PM
    emerican247
    I actually just got this Calico Tiger x Tiger sub-adult for outcrossing should any of Cheeto's babies be Calico Tigers!!! Super stoked on this project!

https://imgur.com/gallery/vQxmAVs

First pic is the subadult, other two are mum &dad.
  • 01-17-2024, 05:39 PM
    Homebody
    Re: Gravid Cheeto
    Please fill the world with these beautiful snakes.
  • 01-18-2024, 01:27 AM
    emerican247
    That definitely is the plan! The more captive bred the better!!!
  • 03-21-2024, 12:01 PM
    emerican247
    Surprise!!!
    So little update here. I think the swelling on cheeto was due to some gastrointestinal problems because shortly after started having some regurgitation problems. Cheeto is all better now &keeping food down, but another thing that may have contributed to the regurge was that one day I noticed cheeto started striking at gravy, the garden Tiger male &chasing him around, then wrestling him down &shoving his face in the dirt. I was like this is backwards, it should be the male chasing the female not the other way around. So I pulled cheeto out, probed &sure enough- the animal that was sold to me as female &even I probed as female was in fact male. He must have been clenching when I probed the first time lol. So I had to seperate them &start the search for an adult female as my other Halloween female is currently Gravid as well. I was having terrible luck, all the breeders I was contacting either didn't have any adults for sale or all their adult females were already paired up for the season &then after a week or two of giving up, a decided to hop onto morphmarket where I saw a beauuuuutiful yellow tiger adult female that had already bred once two or three years ago with no complications up for auction, which was only at like 300 dollars. So I waited until it got down to the last 15 minutes &started my bids. Which someone else had the same idea so we got into a little bidding war but I finally ended up winning her for only 700 dollars. I got her &she is the most chill, absolutely stunning Amazon I have ever had, she came right out of the bag to hang out on my seven year old son's arm (he had his little glove on) &hasn't even tried to act defensive or strike in any way since I've gotten her. Which is good cos she is HUGE (about 7.3 feet). So even though I wanted to breed this orange Calico (so I thought) "female" to a male tiger I am still able to breed HIM to a female tiger so hopefully end up with some tiger calicos. After her quarantine I put her into his cage &he was on her in less than five minutes &a couple minutes after that they locked up for about 3 hours. He has been locking her everyday since then which had been a little over a week now, he must be exhausted!!!

So even though it was a rude awakening surprise, it still ended up working out for me. Fingers crossed for the best, I will upload some pictures right after I post this up.

Hope everyone is having a good season &happy spring break!!!
  • 03-21-2024, 12:25 PM
    emerican247
  • 03-21-2024, 12:32 PM
    emerican247
    Then here are some breeding pictures. Explicit content, beware ;)

https://imgur.com/gallery/FOFPKxj