Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,814

2 members and 2,812 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,596
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
  • 03-19-2023, 09:29 PM
    Wanik4
    New Baby Mainland Burm OTW!
    After nothing but a great experience with my half dwarf burm, I took many of your recommendations into consideration and passed on a retic...for now. Once I am freed from the Uncle Sam work force that may change in the future.

This guy will give me the size I seek, but in a much more manageable package. He's staying with the breeder until my RHP and VE2oo arrive next week and I get his enclosure on point.

Any ideas for names? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...9d9602b133.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
  • 03-19-2023, 09:44 PM
    Bogertophis
    Beautiful. I see hints of yellow on his head & neck- will that become more pronounced (or less so) as he grows up? (if you know?)
  • 03-19-2023, 09:50 PM
    Wanik4
    Re: New Baby Mainland Burm OTW!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Beautiful. I see hints of yellow on his head & neck- will that become more pronounced (or less so) as he grows up? (if you know?)

Thabk you. Based off the sire I saw pictures of today, it looks more or less the same...just quite a bit larger... [emoji6]

• 03-20-2023, 08:32 AM
    YungRasputin
    if i’m not mistaken he looks like an ivory so you could call him ‘Tusk’ - i think that would be cute :D

also i wouldn’t really worry about the size tbh - as long as you’re slow growing and he doesn’t have like Shaq DNA - he should stay a perfectly manageable size - i would be surprised if my mainland male exceeds 10+ feet for example
  • 03-20-2023, 09:14 AM
    Homebody
    Congratulations on the new pick up. He's just beautiful.
  • 03-20-2023, 12:25 PM
    OatBoii
    What a gorgeous snake! I'm sure he'll turn out stunning as he grows.

As for names, I can't say I'm good with them, but a few things pop into mind when I look at him. Butter, Sunlight, Cream, Ivory, Bone. That's about all I can think of, but I know a lot of people also look to literature and movies for names. If you like comics, I think something based around Moon Knight would be fitting.

When I pick names, it's usually one thing that I build off of. My cat, Timotheos, started out with a reference to Timothy Drake (DC comics), but since I am learning Attic Greek, I asked my professor for the Greek version of Timothy- which is the original version, actually. Ure, the second name that Ziggy has, is the word for "fire" in the language of the indigenous people where Bredli are found.
  • 03-20-2023, 02:03 PM
    Wanik4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OatBoii View Post
    What a gorgeous snake! I'm sure he'll turn out stunning as he grows.

As for names, I can't say I'm good with them, but a few things pop into mind when I look at him. Butter, Sunlight, Cream, Ivory, Bone. That's about all I can think of, but I know a lot of people also look to literature and movies for names. If you like comics, I think something based around Moon Knight would be fitting.

When I pick names, it's usually one thing that I build off of. My cat, Timotheos, started out with a reference to Timothy Drake (DC comics), but since I am learning Attic Greek, I asked my professor for the Greek version of Timothy- which is the original version, actually. Ure, the second name that Ziggy has, is the word for "fire" in the language of the indigenous people where Bredli are found.

Thanks for the kind words I'm definitely excited. Some fun names, but I'll have to find something that is sort of in line with my interests I guess like you. My other burm is named Harry for the PHISH song Harry Hood. Always something fun.