Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,346

1 members and 3,345 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook
  • 12-21-2023, 02:22 PM
    Bogertophis
    House Committee report includes Lacey Act amendments
    -I don't even know what to say about this? But here it is anyway...:confusd:

House Committee Report with Lacey Act Amendments
    Lacey Act amendments regarding injurious species are included in a report from the House Select Committee on the Strategic Competition Between the United States and the Chinese Communist Party. It is titled, Reset, Prevent, Build: A Strategy to Win America’s Economic Competition with the Chinese Communist Party. This is not exactly the title of a document where these Lacey Act amendments would be expected and the inclusion is not germane to the report’s purpose regarding U.S.-China trade issues.

Get more information at https://usark.org/23laceyhousereport/.
    Find A Vet
    Need a good herp veterinarian? The Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV) can help. ARAV provides a free Find-A-Vet service at http://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661.
    Copyright © 2023 USARK, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
    USARK3650 Sacramento Dr
    San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Add us to your address book

• 12-21-2023, 02:49 PM
    Homebody
    Re: House Committee report includes Lacey Act amendments
    I feel for the team that wrote this report. These are people that likely care a great deal about Chinese competition in the pharmaceutical industry. They wrote a report they were proud of, only to have their bosses demand that they include this utterly unrelated topic. It must have been so disheartening.
  • 12-21-2023, 07:22 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: House Committee report includes Lacey Act amendments
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    I feel for the team that wrote this report. These are people that likely care a great deal about Chinese competition in the pharmaceutical industry. They wrote a report they were proud of, only to have their bosses demand that they include this utterly unrelated topic. It must have been so disheartening.

I agree, & if it were up to me, that sort of nonsense would stop immediately. It makes no sense to sneak irrelevant things onto other legislation, just to force a vote on them when they otherwise wouldn't be passed at all. It shouldn't be legal to do this, IMO. :( It's both sneaky & lazy on the part of those doing this, neither of which is good. :confusd: