Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,113

1 members and 2,112 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112
  • 04-28-2014, 08:27 PM
    Mindibun
    They're very skittish and stress easily. They spend 99.9% of their time hiding. Their defense is to play dead so while it may sit calmly in your hand that doesn't mean it's happy there. They like things moist and spend a lot of time in the water bowl, especially if you give them leaf cover over the bowl. Sphagnum moss is your friend when keeping these guys. A lot of people use cork bark with them but ceramic decor will not mold and in their high humidity environment, I always preferred the ceramic. They don't need a UV bulb as they are nocturnal and spend the day under log pieces. They need some form of ambient heat so I used flexwatt tape on the side of the enclosure when I had mine. They're pretty easy to care for and I love their shy personalities. I would definitely recommend them. They will appreciate a waterfall feature in their enclosure if you have the room for it. In the wild they are often found under leaf litter near small bodies of moving water.
  • 04-28-2014, 08:33 PM
    Ridinandreptiles
    Re: Anyone keep crocodile skinks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Just got a baby red eyed. Low heat, like mid to high 70's, and high humidity. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/21/usyma4u3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

LOL how do you even keep your house that cool in Central California in the summer? Mine is usually 82-84:O
  • 04-28-2014, 11:56 PM
    Jackie
    I can't stand heat, I keep the house cool! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  • 01-02-2015, 10:27 AM
    yl4870
    I think you should bump up the heat. I dont think 70-80 is hot enough. They do come from Indonesia and New Guinea. Temps rarely get that low.
  • 03-01-2022, 10:20 PM
    FinnkaWarrior
    For anyone interested in Red Eyed Crocodile Skinks(RECS) still, there is a youtuber who has currently 5 pairs of RECS I believe. His name is Reptiliatus and he is located in Canada! I am currently doing as much research as I can to get my very own breeding pair!
  • 03-01-2022, 10:43 PM
    Armiyana
    I hope that they figured it out after 7 years. Lol.

Thank you for the YouTube recommendation. I might add them to my watchlist