Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,810

1 members and 2,809 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead

ECLARK - mites

Printable View

• 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
    lillyorchid
    Re: ECLARK - mites
    You don't quarentine all those snakes you buy to sell?
    If so, that is really really super scary!
  • 03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage
    I don't know Ed nor have I bought anything from him, but I will say that I think some of y'all need to step back from your keyboards and go run around the house or something. Ed didn't purposely send mites... just keep them away form the others until they're gone. :)

Sausage - he also admits that he didn't quarantine new animals, which someone who is sending out so many animals most certainly should be doing.

If April could clearly see mites right away, how did Ed miss them when preparing them to ship?
  • 03-14-2007, 08:09 PM
    lillyorchid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage
    I don't know Ed nor have I bought anything from him, but I will say that I think some of y'all need to step back from your keyboards and go run around the house or something. Ed didn't purposely send mites... just keep them away form the others until they're gone. :)

It's no longer about the mites, it's about him sticking new bought snakes in with his other ones with out quarantining them properly. Mites are a big deal and can spread and get out of hand if not taken care of as soon as they are spotted.
  • 03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
    Sausage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet
    Sausage - he also admits that he didn't quarantine new animals....how did Ed miss them when preparing them to ship?

Sorry, I must've missed that post. :oops: Yeah, I see what you mean. I think Ed owes April *some* compensation... maybe some PAM or something. :D

Quarentining is good! I think Ed can learn a leeson from this. :colbert:
  • 03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
    SPJ
    Ed, it IS a big deal to me when a $1000 plus animal may have been exposed to mites. What if mites get onto that Angolan after being on an import? It could happen.
    You had mites spread from tub to tub and from a new arrival to an established animal that was already sold and being held for a customer.

Just the thought of this makes me worry.
  • 03-14-2007, 08:12 PM
    adi
    it is an issue, but im sure Ed got all the feedback he needs and will take it into consideration..lets give him a break a bit because he definitely is a good breeder and a nice guy. it's how life is-you make mistakes and you learn from them

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
  • 03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
    SPJ
    Ed, put my mind at ease. Please spray the tub with that angolan in it so I can stop worrying.
  • 03-14-2007, 08:14 PM
    stangs13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardo
    Snakes with mites.....doesn't quarantine new animals.....ships multiple animals in one bag.

*Checks Ed Clark off list to even consider ever doing business with.*

Don't just jump into conclusions that Ed is a horrible breeder. This is the only thread that I have seen that shows something wrong with the way he does things. It was an honest mistake. He didn't notice mites on his animals. It was treated.
  • 03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
    Beardo
    Ed, what happens when you potentially infect one of your customer's collections with IBD carried by a mite?

You just going to say "its no big deal....I didn't know"?
  • 03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adi
    it is an issue, but im sure Ed got all the feedback he needs and will take it into consideration..lets give him a break a bit because he definitely is a good breeder and a nice guy. it's how life is-you make mistakes and you learn from them

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Adi, not quarantining is NOT a mistake that someone makes, especially someone with the years of experience that Ed has. That should be the FIRST thing that's done with any new addition, not put into a rack with established (and sold) animals.