Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,387

2 members and 1,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,606
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
  • 03-24-2022, 09:15 AM
    Nick_MD
    Been another year and still doing well. Here's an update with more of her yellow coming in. Getting a medium mouse every 14 days now. How's she look?

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/y8fY8uD.jpghttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/6jjUeVO.jpg
  • 03-24-2022, 09:35 AM
    Albert Clark
    Re: Sheila - Caramel Corn Snake
    She looks pretty well toned but on the slim side. I would consider feeding every 10 days, 2 weeks is a long timed interval. Nice work you’ve done with her.
  • 03-24-2022, 11:07 AM
    Bogertophis
    She looks great! :gj:
  • 03-25-2022, 08:58 AM
    Nick_MD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    She looks pretty well toned but on the slim side. I would consider feeding every 10 days, 2 weeks is a long timed interval. Nice work you’ve done with her.

Interesting. I actually thought she might be getting just a little chunky as the prey item is leaving a slightly larger lump than I'd like. I had her on a ~12 cycle before the last bump in prey size. The mediums I got are just a tiny bit smaller than the large ones I got for the boas.
  • 03-25-2022, 11:53 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_MD View Post
    Interesting. I actually thought she might be getting just a little chunky as the prey item is leaving a slightly larger lump than I'd like. I had her on a ~12 cycle before the last bump in prey size. The mediums I got are just a tiny bit smaller than the large ones I got for the boas.

She looks fine to me, but keep in mind that we're only seeing from a photo so we can't tell as much as you can in person. It's okay to vary the feeding frequency some too, & gauge feedings based on the snake's current appearance relative to the size of prey available, & their activity (including sheds), etc. Snakes don't get perfectly consistent meals in nature & they manage quite well.
  • 03-25-2022, 03:00 PM
    Albert Clark
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_MD View Post

Thats fine, it’s a subjective interpretation of the photo. She looks toned enough and healthy. I breed kingsnakes and garters so my view can certainly be a little skewed. One of my Lake Chapala garters (a female) takes 2 hairless small mice twice a week. I think the metabolic rate of garters is different from corns though. My kings eat 2 hairless fuzzies twice weekly. They are adults as well.