Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,793

2 members and 1,791 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,195
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Hot-Rod1088
  • 04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
    crisstyle21
    2007 Daytona reptile expo??
    Had a couple of questions. Id thought Id ask previous exibitors about the show instead of leaving a email on the expo page. Alright me and my g/f(Id rather go by myself heard there was hottchix over there :cool: ) are heading out to the show. I live here in miami so theres no big expensive trip I have to make. Well I just wanted to know, what is the best time to be at the expo. I wanted to go sat-sunday and get there friday night. Will I miss anything important friday?
  • 04-18-2007, 11:23 PM
    mricyfire
    Re: 2007 Daytona reptile expo??
    good question..would the best deals be at the beginning or close to the end?
  • 04-18-2007, 11:29 PM
    Nate
    Good question. I'm thinking that if you wait till the last day, you'll catch some of the best deals because some of the vendors are wanting to sell....however if you wait, you may miss out on the best lookers
  • 04-18-2007, 11:47 PM
    tmlowe5704
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanledet
    Good question. I'm thinking that if you wait till the last day, you'll catch some of the best deals because some of the vendors are wanting to sell....however if you wait, you may miss out on the best lookers

x2

You may be surprised what gets left behind at shows for one reason or another.
  • 04-19-2007, 02:46 AM
    Kom@tose
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crisstyle21
    Well I just wanted to know, what is the best time to be at the expo. I wanted to go sat-sunday and get there friday night. Will I miss anything important friday?

I work for the schoolboard and a teacher @ the school I work at is a boa/bp breeder. I've never been but he says the last day is more important than the 1st. I'll see you there this year though for sure~
  • 04-19-2007, 05:31 AM
    Alice
    Nathen is right on target IMHO. Early in the show (Saturday morning) you'll see lots of the new combos and great looking snakes. They may or may not be around on Sunday, but Sunday afternoon after about 2:00, you can usually score some great deals because exhibitors do not want to carry the snakes back home.

Having said all that, a lot of deals are made Friday and Saturday evening at the hotel - they never get to the show!
  • 04-19-2007, 06:23 AM
    frankykeno
    Sorry to bust your little happy bubble Cris but most of the "hottchix" that attend Daytona are there to see the snakes. Never get between a woman and the latest great looking b.p. morph. :D
  • 04-19-2007, 06:29 AM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Sorry to bust your little happy bubble Cris but most of the "hottchix" that attend Daytona are there to see the snakes. Never get between a woman and the latest great looking b.p. morph. :D

Ain't that the truth, Sistah!!!! :rolleyes: Who cares about the guys, there are more important things to see and do there!
  • 04-19-2007, 08:53 AM
    tigerlily
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankykeno

There are going to be snakes there? :O I knew I was forgetting something.

Unfortunately I'm too old to be considered a hot chix, more like warm mama. :giggle: Plus, I already have my heart set on a few particular guys. (a girl's gotta have her options open) Not to mention a girl's gotta have soemone to carry anything she might purchase. :D
  • 04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
    CraigC
    To my knowledge, the exhibit area isn't open on Friday to the general public. It is set-up day. Most people know what breeders they intend to see before hand and hit them first thing Saturday. You would be surprised at what is "held back" from display just for these customers.

Craig
  • 04-19-2007, 12:34 PM
    JLC
    As I understand it...Friday night usually has a symposium for the general public, even though the exibits aren't open to the public yet. Last year it was on Ball Pythons....this year it's on Boa Constrictors...

http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.com/
  • 04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
    crisstyle21
    thats perfect I guess i'll be there for saturdays shows then. Cant wait!!!
  • 04-19-2007, 08:39 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily
    :giggle: Plus, I already have my heart set on a few particular guys. (a girl's gotta have her options open)

A few? This isn't good... :eek:
  • 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM
    crisstyle21
    I donno my intentions are just to go and observe. I know myself I might leave with a snake or two.lol.. I will probaly go to sat-sundays shows an leave sunay night.
  • 04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
    AzureN1ght
    Quote:

Alright me and my g/f(Id rather go by myself heard there was hottchix over there :cool: ) are heading out to the show.

:rolleyes: Sounds like you've got such a lucky girl...
  • 04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    :rolleyes: Sounds like you've got such a lucky girl...

He's all class....
  • 04-19-2007, 10:09 PM
    tigerlily
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jglass38
    A few? This isn't good... :eek:

I'm very needy. :wuv:
  • 04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
    dr del
    Quote:

I'm very needy. :wuv:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

dr del
  • 04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
    TheAudOne
    So who all is going this year? I know Brian and I are going...well I am going to get there come hell or high water :P Dont know about him though :D
  • 04-28-2007, 07:01 PM
    Nate
    I will be there...fo sho....
  • 04-28-2007, 07:10 PM
    Emilio
    I'm bummed I might not be able to make it this year, I'm going to have to go to the fire show in Orlando.
  • 04-28-2007, 08:24 PM
    jglass38
    What's this Daytona I keep hearing about?
  • 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
    tigerlily
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jglass38
    What's this Daytona I keep hearing about?

It's that place you have to submit your application. Don't say you forgot .... :tears:
  • 04-28-2007, 08:31 PM
    rabernet
    We'll be there!
  • 04-28-2007, 08:34 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

It's that place you have to submit your application. Don't say you forgot .... :tears:

Oh yeah...That rings a bell. I believe I have been pre approved...
  • 04-28-2007, 08:44 PM
    tigerlily
    I don't believe the preapproval has gone through yet, but it's looking very favorable. :yes:
  • 04-28-2007, 09:02 PM
    LadyOhh
    I'm trying to be there this year...
  • 04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
    West Coast Jungle
    I got my room at the Hilton and plane tickets already! :carrot:
  • 04-28-2007, 09:52 PM
    bznj1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyOhh
    I'm trying to be there this year...

Jas says you Better be there!
  • 04-28-2007, 09:54 PM
    TheAudOne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoastjungle

AWESOME! Yeah I need to go ahead and book a room now I guess...it isnt that far from where we are...yet dont want to get the shaft an stuck in a roach motel...didnt we talk about someone owning roach motels in Daytona once? :confused:

Also have to check out some kennels for the dogs *sighs* Cotton is litter box trained...so he is easy to sneek around...he has even seen the inside of a hospital tucked into my diaper bag :P But Lilly the grayhound..well isnt so easy to sneek around lol. So yep need to get them a place to stay for the week and of course the toddler...Brians's folks got that covered for me! but his mom is horribly allergic to dogs :( So we'll see...
    Cant wait to see everyone there!!!
  • 04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
    LadyOhh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bznj1
    Jas says you Better be there!

I know, I know....

I really am working on it. Maybe I'll hop in Raul's Suitcase or something :)

Okay, Raul???
  • 04-28-2007, 10:21 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

I don't believe the preapproval has gone through yet, but it's looking very favorable. :yes:

Bam!! :eek:
  • 04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
    jglass38
    Quote:

The Hilton is going to be THE place to be... :D Glad to see some of the West Coasters are making it out.
  • 04-28-2007, 10:25 PM
    crisstyle21
    Wow it'll be cool if there is a area where all ballpythons.net memebers should meet ya know, get to know one another. Cant wait. Im over second going thinking if I should add another expensive snake to my collection or go to the trip
  • 04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudOne
    Also have to check out some kennels for the dogs *sighs* Cotton is litter box trained...so he is easy to sneek around...he has even seen the inside of a hospital tucked into my diaper bag :P But Lilly the grayhound..well isnt so easy to sneek around lol. So yep need to get them a place to stay for the week and of course the toddler...Brians's folks got that covered for me! but his mom is horribly allergic to dogs :( So we'll see...
    Cant wait to see everyone there!!!

We're staying at LaQuinta (the one that's right off the highway) so that we can bring our dog with us - they're dog friendly.

The downside is that you have to pay for parking down at Ocean Center (which is across the street from the Hilton) - but all in all it wasn't that bad.

It's not the Hilton of course, but it's clean and reasonably priced, and you won't have to pay to kennel your dogs.

We also found a dog friendly beach that she can play on too - they even give you a HUGE dog bone for your dog when you pay at the gate to get into the park!
  • 04-30-2007, 12:59 AM
    West Coast Jungle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyOhh
    I know, I know....

I really am working on it. Maybe I'll hop in Raul's Suitcase or something :)

Okay, Raul???

Looks like I might need more than just a carryon bag! Actually I'm flying into Jacksonville( cheaper flights and more flexible flight times) to visit some family and then driving to Daytona. That's gonna be a long time to spend in a suitcase LOL. Last year we flew into Orlando and did the Disney wild safari park. That was way cool! My wife always teases me that I'm talking to my girlfriend when I'm on Bpnet, putting you in the suitcase might give her ideas :D .
  • 04-30-2007, 01:10 AM
    jamesw
    Ill be there, i live an hour away, how could i miss it?
  • 04-30-2007, 01:23 AM
    TheAudOne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet
    We're staying at LaQuinta (the one that's right off the highway) so that we can bring our dog with us - they're dog friendly.

The downside is that you have to pay for parking down at Ocean Center (which is across the street from the Hilton) - but all in all it wasn't that bad.

It's not the Hilton of course, but it's clean and reasonably priced, and you won't have to pay to kennel your dogs.

We also found a dog friendly beach that she can play on too - they even give you a HUGE dog bone for your dog when you pay at the gate to get into the park!

WTH I have stayed at 2 LaQuinta's and I didnt bring my darn dogs :taz: Thanks SOOOOOO much for posting and letting me know...I was worried I would have to spend money boarding them (which I hate to do...and hate to spend cash on boarding that could go to the snakes!!) sadly she greyhound cant come off the leash...I adopted the breed that never ever learns not to run away...but Cotton (the chihuahua) can YIPPY!!
    OMG I am so freaking excited now!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

And I agree we should all wear hot pink tube tops so we know who is bp.net and who isnt!!! :rolleye2:
  • 04-30-2007, 01:24 AM
    TheAudOne
    Quote:

My wife always teases me that I'm talking to my girlfriend when I'm on Bpnet, putting you in the suitcase might give her ideas :D .

uh yeah might not what to mention the weird sounds coming from your suitcase....
  • 04-30-2007, 01:49 AM
    LadyOhh
    LMAO!

I promise to be good!

:D
  • 04-30-2007, 02:47 AM
    Purrrfect9
    Quote:

I donno my intentions are just to go and observe.

Ya. I went to an expo with Shannon with that same mentality.. Needless to say I had $350 less in my bank account and a new male pastel BP >.<
  • 04-30-2007, 02:50 AM
    TheAudOne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrrfect9
    Ya. I went to an expo with Shannon with that same mentality.. Needless to say I had $350 less in my bank account and a new male pastel BP >.<

Brian and I are saving every lil penny....can't wait for the show sheesh it seems like forever away...also cant wait to meet everyone!! Nice to put a face to a name!
  • 04-30-2007, 06:20 AM
    rabernet
    Quote:

WTH I have stayed at 2 LaQuinta's and I didnt bring my darn dogs :taz: Thanks SOOOOOO much for posting and letting me know...I was worried I would have to spend money boarding them (which I hate to do...and hate to spend cash on boarding that could go to the snakes!!) sadly she greyhound cant come off the leash...I adopted the breed that never ever learns not to run away...but Cotton (the chihuahua) can YIPPY!!
    OMG I am so freaking excited now!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
    And I agree we should all wear hot pink tube tops so we know who is bp.net and who isnt!!! :rolleye2:

Make sure you make your reservation at the one on International Speedway, as the one actually on the beach has a size limit of 30 lbs. and weren't quite as friendly to me as the other one.
  • 04-30-2007, 06:22 AM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrrfect9

Is that how I came home from Daytona with six new snakes and two cresties last year? Three new snakes were planned to be delivered to Daytona beforehand, and the three girlies just spoke to me. :D

I imagine one or two girls might speak to me again this year! ;) I'm definitely stopping by Michael Cole's table again - he's taken really good care of me in the past with top notch animals!
  • 04-30-2007, 07:18 AM
    Swoof
    The Mayan is also a good place to stay. It's close enough to the Hilton to be in walking distance after all the drinking and mingling. The only way to get in on Friday is with a Vendor Badge. Saturday is good for looking around and getting to know people. Sunday like most weekend shows is when everyone tries to make the low ball deals. I've stayed at one of the hotels up the street but the friends I usualy hang out with are always at the Mayan so that's where I'll be this year. I only walked out with a Spider and Black Pastel last year. I got out lucky, lol, I could have spent more.
  • 04-30-2007, 09:24 AM
    Nate
    Quote:

we should all wear hot pink tube tops so we know who is bp.net and who isnt!!! :rolleye2:

count me in!
  • 04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
    TheAudOne
    Quote:

count me in!

HOT! I'll make patches for them "I've got balls" and ship them out this week for the fitting :P
  • 04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

HOT! I'll make patches for them "I've got balls" and ship them out this week for the fitting :P

I want one :D
  • 04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
    Nate
    Quote:

Do what I did...Support this community and buy a bp.net shirt
  • 04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
    TheAudOne
    Quote:

Do what I did...Support this community and buy a bp.net shirt

I agree...yet extra small tube tops would be more fitting :P