Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,287

4 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Swimming snake

Printable View

• 06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
    Mindibun
    Swimming snake
    She shed today for the first time, but a large chunk didnt come off. So I filled the bathtub with a little water and turned her loose. I put a "washcloth island" in the middle in case she got tired of swimming but she actually preferred to swim around. Anyways, she was swimming (not floating -lol-) for this picture.

Enjoy:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...-30-070723.jpg

P.S: within an hour the entire stuck piece came off all at once. ^_^
  • 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM
    SnakieMom
    Re: Swimming snake
    She's gorgeous, I love her pattern!
    My girl Kali absolutely hates the water. She coils into a high pile, as far outta the water as she can get, then she sits there hissing at me. :P
  • 07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
    Sausage
    Just a tip: when you give them a soak, just fill up the water about half way up your snake's side.
  • 07-01-2007, 02:55 PM
    jamesw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sausage
    Just a tip: when you give them a soak, just fill up the water about half way up your snake's side.

Yep, they tire easily.
  • 07-01-2007, 05:27 PM
    Mindibun
    Hence the "washcloth island" I mentioned...

And I don't believe I ever said how far I filled up the tub.
  • 07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
    Sausage
    We were just giving tips- plus you can tell the depth pretty well fro mthe pic. :)
  • 07-01-2007, 05:57 PM
    Reptilian
    Cool picture, great pattern, hope the shed came off for you.
  • 07-03-2007, 02:33 AM
    Mindibun
    The tub is (obviously) slanted. The shallow end came half way up her body. The "deep" end was maybe 4 inches deep. It's not as bad as you think. The un-edited picture makes it much more clear.
  • 07-04-2007, 03:47 AM
    bearhart
    I did that with mine. I can't say he hates the water - or at least he didn't behave like some others have seen. But he did kind of freak out. He didn't mind the water when I lowered him in a little but when he didn't hop right in I finally just let go of him. He sank like a stone! That got him moving and he started swimming underwater and pretty quickly pulled up to the surface. Then it was swim-for-your-life time. Let's just say he was looking slightly less than graceful.

Anyway, he kept going to the edge of the water and propping his head up against the side of the tub. I think he just needed some sort of anchor because as soon as I touched him he chilled right out. Unfortunately my research ahead of time didn't turn up the "washcloth island" idea.

Maybe I'll try again for kicks sometime. It was cool to watch and he does like a good soak. he might learn to enjoy it. Ah-hah I know what! I'll get him a rubber mouse to bathe with! :P
  • 07-04-2007, 05:21 AM
    liam
    u mean u rubber mouse to attempt to eat ?

lol. get a little yellow ducky :) god the good old days. i soak mine in a tub, about half the size of the tank, on a slant like a beach so he has lots of room to lie in the just before half body bit or he can go for a good swim, he prefers the deep end and likes to swim all around it.. guess he likes water....

mmm wonder wht the neibours would say if he went over to the pool :P 2 bad its got clorine in it.