Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,062

4 members and 3,058 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,122
Threads: 248,564
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455
  • 01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    Super Bowl: Saints or Colts?
    An epic match-up... you can be bitter your team didn't make it, but you still have to admit this should be awesome.

I personally think the Colts have a better D and the Saints have a better offense... slight edge to the Colts, since their offense can still take control of any game.
  • 01-24-2010, 11:42 PM
    Jerhart
    Re: Super Bowl: Saints or Colts?
    Colts. :)
  • 01-24-2010, 11:42 PM
    CoolioTiffany
    I'm gonna have to go with the Colts. Saints seem like they have a pretty good shot, but I think the Colts will get that winning touchdown. Just my thought though.
  • 01-25-2010, 03:41 AM
    CA cowgirl
    Colts. Horses are better than relijun. :D

Anyone have a great superbowl party to go to this year?
  • 01-25-2010, 03:54 AM
    mainbutter
    The saints already won the superbowl by beating the vikings.

The colts are a popular pick because, well, they're popular and have done well in the past.

For some reason, everyone is underestimating not just the saints as a team this year, but their current condition at this very moment. It's no surprise to anyone that a team's condition during the last week in January after a season of games is different than at any other time during the season. This alone gives NO an advantage.

That said, this is sports. There will always be upsets, and more often than not the population is usually split 50/50 on who they think has the best chance to win. That means that it's anybody's guess.
  • 01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
    Neal
    Well you have to look at it from the realistic point. I live in Louisiana, but I dislike the Saints.

Here are the facts:
    Saints have the better offense.
    Saints definately have a better running game, as Colts rank among the worst.
    Saints & Colts defense are probably semi-equal, atleast as far as passing goes
    Saints struggle vs the run.
    Colts again rank among the worst vs the run.
    Colts have more playoff experience, and Manning is the veteran QB.

So if they can keep Manning in check, I see the Saints having a better chance at winning, even though I would prefer the Colts.
  • 01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
    Freakie_frog
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!
  • 01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
    Jerhart
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Well you have to look at it from the realistic point. I live in Louisiana, but I dislike the Saints.

Here are the facts:
    Saints have the better offense.
    Saints definately have a better running game, as Colts rank among the worst.
    Saints & Colts defense are probably semi-equal, atleast as far as passing goes
    Saints struggle vs the run.
    Colts again rank among the worst vs the run.
    Colts have more playoff experience, and Manning is the veteran QB.

So if they can keep Manning in check, I see the Saints having a better chance at winning, even though I would prefer the Colts.

Saints have a better offense? Not saying they dont...but didn't the Saints lose at home against the BUCS....THE BUCS?!

Did Manning and the Colts offense not pick apart the best defense in the NFL (the Jets) during the 2nd half of the AFC Championship?

Also...I think the Colts D is underrated. There D is FAST and quick to the ball. NYJ have a good run game and the Colts D shut that down too.

I like the Colts because I feel they are a better road team then the Saints are.
  • 01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
    Reediculous
    Colts .... they won't make the mistakes the vikes did .......... butta fingas!!!!!
  • 01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reediculous View Post
    Colts .... they won't make the mistakes the vikes did .......... butta fingas!!!!!

fo real, hang on to the ball already!