Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,090

2 members and 3,088 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,554
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

Shipping Snakes

Printable View

• 10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
    Boanerges
    Re: Shipping Snakes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pythontricker View Post
    Wait, they advertise LLLReptiles company logo on the boxes? Thats bogus.

And they cost more then getting your shipping stuff from superior-lol
  • 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Wait, they advertise LLLReptiles company logo on the boxes? Thats bogus.

They do so only with the 12x9x6 boxes, after emailing them regarding the subject I was told that the old style without the LLL logo could still be ordered but you had to specify it.

Not an issue for me anyway since I get all my supply from Superior Entreprise anyway ;)
  • 10-12-2009, 11:39 PM
    pythontricker
    Do the snake bags sold on SYR have the LLL logo too? im asking because I don't know where else to buy these bags except there. Are there other places that sell bags similar to this?
  • 10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
    Boanerges
    Quote:

Do the snake bags sold on SYR have the LLL logo too? im asking because I don't know where else to buy these bags except there. Are there other places that sell bags similar to this?

Superior has them too :gj: https://superiorenterprise.com/store...ed=1&Itemid=53
  • 10-12-2009, 11:47 PM
    pythontricker
    So you guys buy all your products through superior, then ship through SYR. Sounds like a plan to me. :gj: Thanks guys!
  • 10-13-2009, 12:13 AM
    pythontricker
    What size box do you guys suggest for shipping hatchling ball pythons?
  • 10-13-2009, 12:43 AM
    Darkice
    I buy my boxes from Wallmart,insulation from home depot,heat packs from Big apple herp.
    But in the future im using shipyourreptiles.com Its way cheaper that way.
  • 10-13-2009, 02:08 AM
    WingedWolfPsion
    I have found the 12X9X6 to be the most versatile size. You can fit up to 2 hatchlings in deli cups in the box, or up to 4 smaller or 3 larger hatchlings in bags. It's also not too excessively large for a single hatchling in a deli cup, and it provides plenty of protection when you stuff it well with newspapers. Smaller boxes I think would be more likely to fall or be handled roughly.

By the way, ULine also makes insulated boxes. The foam is actually molded, and slightly thicker. They are higher quality, but they're also a bit more expensive.
    http://www.uline.com/BL_2157/Insulated-Shipping-Kits
  • 10-13-2009, 02:50 AM
    Lolo76
    Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but can I ask a related question? Is there anything wrong with re-using boxes & materials (except the reptile's bag/cup), if they are still in new condition? I've been saving the packaging from reptiles shipped to me, and thought it would be "green" to use them again... does that break any rules or cause health concerns? Just curious, because otherwise I'll start recycling them instead. :gj:

P.S. Everyone who's shipped to me uses those same boxes - either from SYR or Superior, I assume.
  • 10-13-2009, 02:59 AM
    Lolo76
    One more thing... I noticed that two of my shipped animals had "live harmless reptile" stickers, with the type of reptile checked from a list. Which company provides those - and would you say that's a good or bad idea?