Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,237

2 members and 1,235 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,583
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

ASF foster moms

Printable View

• 02-08-2008, 04:17 PM
    OhBalls
    ASF foster moms
    It always amazes me to see a dog fostering kittens, or mom's from different species fostering little babies...

One of our mice delivered a small litter. The momma pushed aside one pinky and refused to care for it. After almost 2 days I removed the little one.

I figured the little guy was as good as dead. So, just for ha-has, I put it in with my ASF rat momma's. I figured it was worth a shot. Last night I went in to check and I could not find the poor little pinky mouse.

I just went in there to give the ASF's some sliced apple and to my surprise, there was the little mouse, warm and snug! I snapped a quick photo....hopefully the little guy will make it. I have already **informed** my boyfriend that if it makes it, he's NOT a feeder!! :D

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...urm/pinky2.jpg
  • 02-08-2008, 05:43 PM
    tigerlily
    Re: ASF foster moms
    That sweet that the ASF mom's took the little pink, but I have to say the best thing about this thread are those cute little baby ASFs!!! :love:

What an adorable pic. :gj:
  • 02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
    Ginevive
    That's really cool! How are they doing now? I slipped a pinkie rat in with a mom nursing her 5 older babies, last week, and everything is going great. Congrats for cross-species sneaking :)
  • 02-09-2008, 04:45 PM
    OhBalls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    That's really cool! How are they doing now? I slipped a pinkie rat in with a mom nursing her 5 older babies, last week, and everything is going great. Congrats for cross-species sneaking :)

Today, everything is going well. The little one has attached to an ASF nipple and has not let go since :D

He looks rather cute in the middle of a bunch of ASF fuzzies :)
  • 02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
    Ginevive
    That is awesome :) My friend had a Boston Terrier who had recently weaned her pups when one of her cats had kittens and rejected them. The dog actually took-on the kittens and nursed them, and became Very protective of them!
  • 02-16-2008, 05:37 PM
    OhBalls
    Just an update on the little abandoned pinky mouse I placed in with my ASF rats

Here the little guy is today, doing well and a little bigger than the other mice from the same litter! Sorry for the image, I was a little timid about being in their cage....I swear those ASF stalk me!!

Kim

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...urm/foster.jpg
  • 02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
    Dcommander
    wow its nice, do u think the ASF's milk is better for mice than mice milk? As he grew bigger...
  • 02-18-2008, 11:57 AM
    littleindiangirl
    Chances are he has no competition! LOL
  • 02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
    frankykeno
    Well how cute is that! I would think he's bigger because you have multiple ASF's adult females in there. They communally nurse so all babies have access all the time to somebody's milk supply. :)