Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,991

0 members and 2,991 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Carpets not good pets

I've seen and held tame ones. Fabulous animals.

I plan on adding them to my collection at some point.

As was mentioned before, most baby boids are little *bleeps* ..with time they tame down. Heck, my anaconda is taming already.. less than a month ago she was a jerk!

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Right now we are kept by:
    0.1.1 Coastal
    0.1.0 Central
    0.1.0 Diamond
    The juvis as stated by someonme else can be a bit nippy but they aren't that bad. I think if you can have an ATB you could deal with carpet attitude.
    Our adults are used in educational programs and do quite well. They are great specimens to show off the heat pits.
    Adults when worked with can be pushed a bit. Not as much as say a ball or maybe even a common boa, but they are definitely workable.
    As for prices I really couldn't help with what's fair game these days. But I would definitely reccomend going to a reputable breeder with captive bred pythons.
    Hope my two cents may have helped

Thanks
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks

Ooh, Rusty, you have a diamond python? I'd love to see pics.. they're on my 'someday' list.

April

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonandragon
    right now he is keeping some balls,2 juvi redtails , 3 burms, corns, gophers and your usual lizards and such . Also he suggested for me not to keep using UVB/UVA bulb for my dragon
    Dragons must have uv's period! For this guy to tell you to not use them, it will spell nothing but disaster for you and whatever dragon/dragons you have. If he has dragons and does not use uv's, he is irresponsible and an idiot. He obviously does not know proper husbandry. Therefor, I would not even buy from him because he is giving you bad advice. Then again, he is a pet shop owner, maybe he wants you to lose whatever dragon/dragons you have now so you will spend more $ at his shop replacing the ones he told you how to kill.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Ok, I've been keeping IJCPs since Jan. I've only ever gotten tagged once and he had been shipped to me about two or three weeks before, so he was still in the "settling in, AH What's that? It's going to EAT ME" phase. And who wouldn't be a bit grumpy after sitting around in a dark box and being hurlted through the air? I let him tag me on purpose. He settled down after he realized he was still going to be handled and that I wasn't going to eat him.

It's my opinion that this guy really doesn't know what he's talking about, especially when it comes to the UVA/UVB on the beardie.

Shedding wise, the carpets are slightly easier. Maybe that's just the way I have them set up, but that's how it works for me.

Carpet pythons can be nippy as babbies. You can always get the odd snake out that isn't going to setttle down, but that's true for any species. A carpet python isn't a "pick me up and move me" snake like a bp is, but it's not some wild strking monster not suitable for a pet.

Go to a breeder, and completely ditch the pet store if you can. Unforunately, a LOT of people in the pet store business don't know what they're doing when it comes to inverts, reptiles and amphibians. I would think that if you have an ATB, dealing with carpet attitude shouldn't be a big deal.

Here's a pretty good care listing on carpets if you're interested.
    http://www.acreptiles.com/carpet_python_care.htm
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

See I've had my Beardie for almost 5 years now and he's done great I just asked him why he didn't use UVA/UVB bulbs for the petstore reptiles and he said they are only out there to make money off of people and they don't need them to live. But see I've done known they have to have it to be healthy. SO don't worry Im not going to do things that he suggest. Where should I look for a Nice Carpet at decent price?
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Look on kingsnake.com and fauna classifieds.

April

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonandragon
    See I've had my Beardie for almost 5 years now and he's done great I just asked him why he didn't use UVA/UVB bulbs for the petstore reptiles and he said they are only out there to make money off of people and they don't need them to live. But see I've done known they have to have it to be healthy. SO don't worry Im not going to do things that he suggest. Where should I look for a Nice Carpet at decent price?
    I am glad that you do realize that a beardie does NEED those lights to be healthy. Please continue to use them with yours regardless of what this guy says. But ofcourse, these products are out there to make $ for the company, but there is more to it than that, some animals just require uv type lighting, and it just so happens that companies make the products we need to keep our animals healthy since they are not in the wild. However, some products are better than others you just have to do the research to find out which.

This guys advice to you makes me cringe seeing as though it is bad advice. Makes me wanna call him and educate him ..... or something like that.

If you plan on buying this snake you are talking about, go to a breeder, not this guy, look at ads on kingsnake or fauna for your needs/wants.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you make sure they a good breeder and not another guy that inbreeds and over breeds. What kind of price am i going to be looking at for a baby RTB because i want to start off with a young to get the snake used to me and being around the young nieces and baby down the road.
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Ask around, check the BOI at Faunaclassifieds.com.

If you want a nice RTB, check him out: Clay English He's got some beautiful high orange pastels right now for pretty cheap prices (100 dollars shipped on these guys and they just get more orange the older they go). And Clay's a great guy.

Also, Jeff Ronne has some real beauties for decent prices.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast