Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,139

6 members and 1,133 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ECLARK - mites

Thanks

Re: ECLARK - mites

Common Ed. Lets get this fixed up, so we can have our good old forum back to normal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stangs13
    In this forum we value Ed as much as Adam!! Adam springs up with new info more than Ed. But Ed deffanatly posts more pictures than Adam!! And Info and pictures is part of waht makes this forum complete!!
    Pictures dont make up for mite infested snakes though.

Thanks

I'd rather hear/read/learn more in BP's then see pictures of morphs. JMO
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

See, the good thing about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said before. A lesson Ed would do good to take heed to.
    -David Beard

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

In this forum we value Ed as much as Adam!! Adam springs up with new info more than Ed. But Ed deffanatly posts more pictures than Adam!! And Info and pictures is part of waht makes this forum complete!!
    This is NOT about Adam Vs. Ed. This is about a very serious problem that Ed has chosen not to address. Leave Adam or any other breeder out of it, and quit deflecting attention from an issue that Ed has and has not addressed. I'm also very disturbed about the "joke" (which isn't very funny) about "the gift that keeps on giving".

And yet, I still don't see anything that Ed has offered to April to make her happy about this transaction.

Thanks

Ed is 99% in the "for sale section" Adam has never posted in that section. How can someone who only is here to move high volumes of snakes compare to someone who is here only to lend his experience to us?

Thanks

Again this is NOT about Ed vs Adam or anyone vs anyone people. Let's not go there and let's try to stay on topic. There's been serious concerns raised about quarantine, about the spread of mites and now about truthfulness in PM vs in this thread. Let's see that dealt with please.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Please lets not make this into a me vs. Ed Clark issue ... I'm just a guy that is having fun raising and breeding snakes ... no better than anyone else ... I only posted in this thread because I wanted to share that it is possible to maintain a very large collection and not ever see a mite. Nothing else here concerns me or interests me ... I'd appreciate it if my name was left out of it.

Thanks.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Just a little solid info here on mites folks....(thanks to VPI but the bolding is my addition)...

The protonymph stage lasts from three days to two weeks. This stage is mobile and may move considerable distances. Protonymphs are able to detect and are attracted by the smell of snakes. They require a blood meal to metamorphose to the next stage. Unfed protonymphs are pale ivory or yellowish in color, and they are almost invisible to the naked eye. The sharp-eyed, observant keeper may notice pale protonymphs walking across scale surfaces, especially on a snake's head plates. When engorged after a blood meal, protonymphs are dark red, smaller than adult females and not black in color.

Since obviously this is the stage in the life cycle of a mite that it is most "visible" and seen easily by the naked eye, then how do you explain not seeing something that can be around for "3 days to 2 weeks" on a snake you are shipping out to customer or in that snake's enclosure or in an enclosure in that rack.
    I'm not sure if maybe you read that paragraph hastily? I added the red colouring...

Either way, I'm a little worried and I'd like to see something from Ed to reassure me that my pinstripe isn't going to come in buggy...
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Heres the problem with the mites in 1 of my baby racks. I bought a pair of ball python morphs for myself to keep that came from BHB in Michigan about a week and a half ago. gave them a quick soaking then put them into one of my baby racks. I hear today that I sent a ball python to april with mites. was a little surprised because I have never had mites and normally treat everything I buy before its put away. did not expect this coming from Brian Barczyk. long story short, spent the afternoon totally cleaning the rack that had mites in it including new tubs, bedding and scrubbing down the rack with hot soapy bleach water then spraying everything down with Provent-A-Mite. cant remember the last time having mites because I stay on top of it, just goes to show that it can happen to us all and we need to keep a watchful eye. I can assure you it wont happen to me again.

Crazydog, Sorry Dude, dont know you and have NEVER sold you a snake!
    Maybe because Crazydog is not my real name.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast