Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,173

1 members and 1,172 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,582
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ECLARK - mites

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: ECLARK - mites

Anyone can get a mite infestation, it only takes one to start it. Sounds like everyone has it well in hand. I'd inform Brian too. It doesn't take long for it to get WAY out of hand in a hurry, especially with wood type bedding.
    Snake bags can be made so cheap it doesn't bear mentioning really.. $1 yard cotton fabric and a couple minutes to sew it. I have gotten multiple snakes together in one bag. Especially the hatchling females. Never had any issues, but on the rare occasion I have shipped any out, I put one in each bag.
    Wolfy
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDog
    I thought i was the only one!
    Are you referring to the fact that you had mites or that Ed sold you a snake that had mites because Ed says he never sold anything to you?

Thanks

Where April's 2 in that same rack as those other 8?
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    Heres the problem with the mites in 1 of my baby racks. I bought a pair of ball python morphs for myself to keep that came from BHB in Michigan about a week and a half ago. gave them a quick soaking then put them into one of my baby racks.!
    So you don't practice quarantine? Even animals that come from Adam, are quarantined, every animal I bring in is quarantined. You only had these a week and a half and they were put in the same rack with April's established babies?

Also, have you called Brian to inform him that mites came from him, I'm sure he'd like to know, just as you were grateful for April letting you know.

I hear today that I sent a ball python to april with mites. was a little surprised because I have never had mites and normally treat everything I buy before its put away. did not expect this coming from Brian Barczyk.
    So, you didn't see any mites at all on these snakes after you soaked them? It takes 30 days for eggs to hatch (give or take).

long story short, spent the afternoon totally cleaning the rack that had mites in it including new tubs, bedding and scrubbing down the rack with hot soapy bleach water then spraying everything down with Provent-A-Mite. cant remember the last time having mites because I stay on top of it, just goes to show that it can happen to us all and we need to keep a watchful eye. I can assure you it wont happen to me again.
    What compensation have you offered April for this unfortunate predicament she's in now?

Do you NORMALLY practice quarantine, as you didn't with these two, apparently?

Banned
    Thanks

Smile Re: ECLARK - mites

Steve, mites are not the end of the world! You eliminate them and hope that you dont have to deal with them again. I did what was needed and hope that they are gone, but will keep a close eye on the situation.

Dont see anything wrong with shipping 2 baby snakes in a LARGE cloth bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ
    Are you referring to the fact that you had mites or that Ed sold you a snake that had mites because Ed says he never sold anything to you?

Thanks

Snakes with mites.....doesn't quarantine new animals.....ships multiple animals in one bag.

*Checks Ed Clark off list to even consider ever doing business with.*
    -David Beard

Banned
    Thanks

Yes, and I had no idea there were mites in that rack.
    Quote Originally Posted by lillyorchid
    Where April's 2 in that same rack as those other 8?

Thanks

Steve, mites are not the end of the world! You eliminate them and hope that you dont have to deal with them again. I did what was needed and hope that they are gone, but will keep a close eye on the situation.

Dont see anything wrong with shipping 2 baby snakes in a LARGE cloth bag.
    Well not exactly true. Mites can pass disease from a sick snake to a healthy one. It is a big problem and one that should never happen. With proper quarantine practices there should be little to no chance of a snake in your permanent collection (or one about to be sold) being exposed to mites.

Thanks

I don't know Ed nor have I bought anything from him, but I will say that I think some of y'all need to step back from your keyboards and go run around the house or something. Ed didn't purposely send mites... just keep them away form the others until they're gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, and I had no idea there were mites in that rack.
    Ed - what about quarantine? This is really disturbing!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast