Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,138

1 members and 1,137 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

SyHy4455 (58)

» Stats

Members: 75,121
Threads: 248,563
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, SyHy4455

Threaded View

Thanks

New Snakes w/pics - From the Lonstar Show

Well Saturday I went to the Lonstar Reptile Expo in Arlington. It is a small show but is really picking up in attendence. I think they may need a larger venue soon. I brought home 4 new dependents (too bad the IRS won't let me claim exemptions on them).

None of the pics were taken in good light, etc. Just quick snaps when I put them into their vivs.

First I stopped by to see Dr. Neil Ford's son Dave (of Dave's Corns and Stuff) and picked two proven adult female House snakes. Both females and will be up for breeding their next cluch in about 4 weeks of good feeding. Cash (my biggest red male) is ready to meet the new girls soon.

Here they are both about the same shade and one just a bit bigger then the other.

Red Girl #1

Red Girl #2

While most people would call these L. fuliginosus they are actually both L. maculatus and the source of many fustrated would be breeders.

Next I have been wanting to increase my number of local animals for my shows for the kids. So I found this high orange Texas Rat Snake. The sire was at the show and was quite impressive at around 6 feet, gentle and had very nice orange. So I decided to pick up this little guy, he already sucked down a fuzzy, then shed this AM! I don't think keeping him on feed and growing is going to be a problem. Got him from Richard at "Bethsheba Herps".

Last I have been saying I am getting totally out of Corn Snakes but I just can't do it. I have a beautiful amel okeetee female I will keep forever and found her possible some day boyfriend. This is a male Abbots Line Okeetee. He was just SOOOOOOO cute and only 20 bucks so he came home too. I got him from Sally Shores of "Shores Enuff Snakes"

So the family keeps growing. Just a note for anyone wanting some red house snakes. Those girls and two of my others will all be ready to breed in about a month. So I should have several clutches of unrelated house snakes all from high red animals all around Dec 15thish. Just FYI,
    Last edited by jjspirko; 09-16-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!