Hi all.

I have had nothing but good snake moments that last two days... I was actually composing a pic thread when I found this.

This is my pastel female, she is pipping, but is not out of the egg. As you can see from the pics, she has her umbilicus around her midsection.

I saw it in this pic I had taken of all 4 babes left to pip.

So I went back and popped her out of the egg (and popped her - so yes, a girl) and found this. The cord is wrapped around her stomach, and there is no way to untangle it. I looks like it got tangled early on and she grew around it?

I apologize, I have not popped any of them out of their eggs, so this may be normal, but I really do not think it is.

I guess my concern is whether that "knot" is too tight? Or will she be able to still absorb?

Is this just umbilicus? Or do I have a snake that has her organs outside of her body? I know I have seen these huge looking things on the last two that hatched out, but like I said... I never saw anything that was going on in the egg so I do not know how normal this may or may not be.

Is there anything I can do to assist her?

I am really concerned about her.

Despite feeling incredibly deflated, I am open to very upfront and honest critiques based on experience.

Many thanks in advance.
Bruce