Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,996

1 members and 2,995 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: baby ball python, please help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshawt View Post
    I insulate the tank with a product called Reflectix - it's like bubble wrap covered in foil. It's works great! I put it on the back and sides of my tank, as well as the walls behind it. Since we don't believe in stable temperatures in my house, it's helped a lot to control my ambient temperatures. I also cut a sheet of 1/8" Plexiglas and stuck it to the front of the tank using blue tack.
    i see, yeah i may have to do something like that to prepare for winter. but the enclose is wooden so i hope not too much.

my snake has an awsome feeding response
    he's a nutter!

he's been veery laid back and docile and happy, hopefully, lately. since he knows he can eat safely. he hasnt been rubbing his nose on the glass at all, or anything like that. i was handling him earlier for quite a while watching some southpark episodes. and i observed he had made a makeshift hide (after some exploring) between my hand and the edge of a duvet. i got up and pulled the duvet over him a little so he wouldnt find somewhere new to hide. defrosted a little pinky (i know, too small, but im lumbered with them for now). and offered it to him on some cardboard. he came right out and ate in the open. keeping the pinky neatly on the cardboard while i watched southpark about a foot away from him.

and then 5 minutes ago i was just checking the temperature of his warm hide - but as soon as he hears the glass front panel slide open he rushes out of his hide like a shot and looked MEAAAAAN! ready to strike and tongue flicking wildly. it shocked me. i waved my hand so he could see i wasnt prey and he was tracing me. lol, but he soon retreated into his hide as quickly as he came out.
    ive noticed this other times too. all ive got to do is rustle some of his substrate and he comes straight out to investigate
    im so pleased with him

lol, and a couple of days ago i was feeding him another tiny pinky, just holding it above the entrance to his hide. and he went for it with such gusto, he totally missed the mouse, infact totally missed the hide entrance. and clattered into an inside wall of the hide xD
    Last edited by seercirra; 06-21-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345