Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,132

2 members and 3,130 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: I Attended the HR2811 Hearing on July 29th

Quote Originally Posted by strikerratt View Post
    that's just Ignorance at it's best to say that i for one am sick of people Bashing big snake owners and now some of the reptile community is turning it's back on us..... just remember this after the government bans our pets your pets will be next and not just reptiles but dog's cat's and small pets too
    I have re-read all the posts in this thread and can't see where anyone bashed big snakes.

The government is in OUR hobby because people in this hobby have acted ignorantly, irresponsibly and arrogantly.

It seems that even USARK and PIJAC, the defenders of reptile hobbyist's rights, are realizing that idiots in this community have just about ruined it for the rest of us.

That's why you see them assisting in passing legislation in North Carolina, in Florida and other places.

While I don't support all of the verbiage in some of legislation that USARK has helped to pass, I at least see the wisdom in their approach - show the government and the people that the reptile hobby is willing and able to show restraint and act responsibly - something that the former owners of those burms, varanids and iguanas in Florida did not do.

As for the government banning our dogs and cats - where's your proof?

100,000 burms in the Everglades? Disgusting. Instead of pouting about the bill we should all step back and think about how THIS hobby is assisting in the deterioration of an amazing ecosystem.

Reptile people calling in and being rude? We urinate on the carpet and then whine and stomp our feet when someone slaps a diaper on us. Pathetic.

USARK and HSUS agreeing to the amendment? What do you make of that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (07-30-2009)