Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,523

4 members and 2,519 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Thinking about getting a rock.

You know everyone always talks about how bad a rep retics have but the rock pythons have the worst I think. There so misunderstood everyone thinks there all horrible but there not. Ive seen numerous ones that had EXCELLENT tempers. Im really starting to think I need to add a rock or two to the collection.

Thanks

Re: Thinking about getting a rock.

I had multiple offers for people selling rock pythons when i made my post the other day.

Someone was selling a juvenile (female i beleive), with shipping included, for $120 from another site. The guy just emailed me 2 days ago.

Since I just purchased one from a forum member here (and its the only one i need for right now), If you want the contact for the guy selling the afrock for $120 total, just let me know =)

There was also another guy who has a 9 foot male rock, he said pretty docile, from florida, who was selling it for $150 plus shipping (whatever it would have been), so if your interested in that, i can provide you his info too.

Thanks

I think that would be really cool Danny! And it would be pretty cool to have experience with more larger species of snakes. I have heard that Retics have bad tempers and are mean, but I held one at the reptile expo last Saturday and it was at sweet as a Ball python can be, and it really seemed to like being handled because it was in a small box. IMO, no snake is mean unless you handle it often and give it time to get used to you. I can't say this for venomous species though, but hey, people haven't tried handling any venomous snakes since they were babies
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

My retics are sweet as can be however they are EXTREMELY flighty they do not like to stay still. I think retics are harder to work with just because its hard to get them to go where you want them to go because they want to explorer every little tight space you ahve in your house and my god dont ever let one get under your couch! Thats a pain in the butt. BUt yea oskar, trixie, and kate are all great.

Thanks

See not a mean bone in him

Unless your these guys.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    My retics are sweet as can be however they are EXTREMELY flighty they do not like to stay still. I think retics are harder to work with just because its hard to get them to go where you want them to go because they want to explorer every little tight space you ahve in your house and my god dont ever let one get under your couch! Thats a pain in the butt. BUt yea oskar, trixie, and kate are all great.
    Yeah from the videos I've seen of Retics they look like a handful LOL. The babies are simple to handle because they are right there in your hand, but as adults they seem like a workout. Burms look calmer

My mom really wanted the Retic baby I was holding (It was about under a year old I would guess). Its a Lavender Albino, and it was gorgeous. I told my mom it grows to get huge, so that convinced her to not get it LOL.

Here is the Retic I handled:

Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

See not a mean bone in him

Unless your these guys.......

LOL dang. That's how my Ball pythons are. They look so nice and act so calm when you handle them, but right when you throw the rat in the cage they immediately turn into vicious hunters LOL.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

lol oskar will come out of the cage to grab his rabbits. Thats a nice looking retic you held.

Thanks

lol oskar will come out of the cage to grab his rabbits. Thats a nice looking retic you held.
    Candice stays in the cage, but when she KNOWS I have a nice medium rat for her, she sticks her head and neck out of the hide and has that weird squiggle shaped neck (that's how I know she is in feeding mode) until I give her the rodent. The funny thing is she knows not to get out of her enclosure. Last night while cleaning tubs I put her back but didn't put the lid on because I was going to clean her water dish and she was just slithering around. Only one time she put her head out of the enclosure to look around but after she had her look she just went back in the tub. She's smart

The Retic was a really nice one, he had a really nice, clean pattern to him and was very friendly. His yellows were just amazing, and the lavender coloration on him definitely made him glow. Why do all the cool snakes have to get so large LOL
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

lol well theres lavendar albino balls they just cost an arm and a leg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast