Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,143

2 members and 3,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,551
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: snakes can digest their own hearts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    I understand that some are mad because snakes make you feel all fuzzy inside, but it's not like he was cruel to them. Everyone knows that snakes can live for over a year without food, and some have actually had snakes refuse food on their own for that long. 168 days is only half a year, so I don't really see that as being cruel since their body structure is made to function with a lack of food. As far as the blender goes, they were euthanized first, so still no cruelty there either. If his studies do end up playing a part in helping humans survive longer periods of time without dying from hunger, I'd say those snakes died for a good purpose.
    yeah snakes do make me feel fuzzy inside, i like it (: i dont think the experiment was worth it though, do you? i dont think that his studies will end up helping humans in any way, other than relating snakes to all other living things which isnt very groundbreaking. the starving wasnt so bad the dead ball python in a blender was the sick part. he could have just taken tissue samples and blended those but im no scientist and idk if that would work.
    and yeah im totally snakist here but why couldnt he have used some other snakes!! ball pythons are exotic and beautiful ):
    its like if i blended cheetahs instead of idk i cant think of a good example haha but catch my drift ?
    Last edited by eclipsesmommy; 08-15-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: messed up quote
    lizzzy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Suprise surprise, they do extensive tests like this on mammals. (i.e. rats, cats, dogs, mice, monkeys, rabbits....)
    im curious why some of you arent going all PETA on this guy like i did.
    i didnt mean to single you out littleindiangirl, sorry i dont know your name haha it sounds like an insult when im saying it in context. what is your name? it was just an example.
    i dont think animals should be put in blenders unless maybe they die by themselves and not by lethal injection. do you simply see it as worth it? or what?
    lizzzy

Thanks

He did use more than just ball pythons. Just sayin'.

Little devil's advocate here....

How is depriving food for science any different than we deprive food during breeding season, (which can extend for almost half a year).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsesmommy View Post
    im curious why some of you arent going all PETA on this guy like i did.
    i didnt mean to single you out littleindiangirl, sorry i dont know your name haha it sounds like an insult when im saying it in context. what is your name? it was just an example.
    i dont think animals should be put in blenders unless maybe they die by themselves and not by lethal injection. do you simply see it as worth it? or what?
    I am not a support of PETA in any way, and I think it's ironic you don't know (or maybe forgot) they kill thousands of animals by lethal injection at their own head quarters every year.

And the blender part your really sticking to aren't you. The animal was euthanized humanely. We kill thousands of rats here in our home every year via CO2. I can't say that blending a snake carcass is so terrible that anyone should be up in arms over. :/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

Mendel's Balls (08-18-2009)

Thanks

He did use more than just ball pythons. Just sayin'.
    yeah but he could have just left them and the ratsnakes out and just blended those diamondbacks to a pulp, i mean those kill people !!!! im aware im being silly i took science classes, i know you need a wide range of subjects to experiment on to draw reliable conclusions. but dang! those are pets !! seriously, people take care of those kinds of animals and LOVE them. that should count against the blending big time.
    what if instead of blending only 20 normal balls he blended 3 pairs of normals, then 1 pair of each morph including designer morphs would that change anything?
    lizzzy

Thanks

I am not a support of PETA in any way, and I think it's ironic you don't know (or maybe forgot) they kill thousands of animals by lethal injection at their own head quarters every year.

And the blender part your really sticking to aren't you. The animal was euthanized humanely. We kill thousands of rats here in our home every year via CO2. I can't say that blending a snake carcass is so terrible that anyone should be up in arms over. :/
    i know all about PETA. in context, i was using PETA as how people act out against animal cruelty, not the organization in particular.
    lizzzy

Thanks

yeah but he could have just left them and the ratsnakes out and just blended those diamondbacks to a pulp, i mean those kill people !!!! im aware im being silly i took science classes, i know you need a wide range of subjects to experiment on to draw reliable conclusions. but dang! those are pets !! seriously, people take care of those kinds of animals and LOVE them. that should count against the blending big time.
    what if instead of blending only 20 normal balls he blended 3 pairs of normals, then 1 pair of each morph including designer morphs would that change anything?
    I.... don't think it's worth debating this with you anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

neilgolli (08-18-2009)

Thanks

haha you never answered my question.
    i was merely stating my opinion then asking you why you think his research was worth the life. but ok thanks for the discussion
    lizzzy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    When a ball python fasts for half the year, this is natural--when it is deprived of food for half the year at a time when it would choose to eat, by the deliberate actions of a person...this is animal cruelty.
    If it had been for a longer period of time, then I would agree with you. As it was only six months or so, and at the most had lost 20% of their weight, they were far from starving unless already emaciated when he started the experiment. I would assume he had used snakes that were a good healthy weight.

yeah snakes do make me feel fuzzy inside, i like it (: i dont think the experiment was worth it though, do you? i dont think that his studies will end up helping humans in any way, other than relating snakes to all other living things which isnt very groundbreaking. the starving wasnt so bad the dead ball python in a blender was the sick part. he could have just taken tissue samples and blended those but im no scientist and idk if that would work.
    and yeah im totally snakist here but why couldnt he have used some other snakes!! ball pythons are exotic and beautiful ):
    its like if i blended cheetahs instead of idk i cant think of a good example haha but catch my drift ?
    I like snakes too, I wouldn't have so many if I didn't. As far as the blending part, sure it's kind of sick, and not something I would want to do myself, but the animal was euthanized prior to it. Had the animal been thrown in the blender alive then you can bet I'd be outraged. I would assume ball pythons were included in the study because they're the cheapest and most abundant species of python in the US.

I don't see how being euthanized or dying of natural causes has anything to do with being put in a blender. There are people out there who do much worse to ball pythons. Remember those kids who nailed a living ball python to a telephone pole? Or how about that football team who bought one to kill on the field for good luck before a game? Or all the negligent owners out there who keep them in horrible conditions?

I really don't get how you think it's ok to throw one species of snake in a blender but not another? As far as the morphs go, they're still ball pythons. The only thing I could see it changing would be if a certain morph didn't handle a lack of food as well due to a weaker physiology.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m00kfu For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (08-20-2009),Mendel's Balls (08-18-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

oops I didn't want to start any fights. i think its the blender part that got me. that just makes it seem so much worse. either way I just wanted to point out how neat it was that snakes have that ability.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast