Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,113

0 members and 3,113 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,555
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

People are Sick, BP Nailed to a Telephone post

Snake Survives Being Nailed To Pole In Lawrence
    LAWRENCE (WBZ) ― Lawrence officials are investigating a bizarre case of animal cruelty in which a pet python was nailed to a telephone pole with six roofing nails and left to die.

A reward is being offered to help find whoever nailed the python to the pole at an intersection on Lexington Street, where he was left dangling for at least eight hours.

"There were five to six roofing nails that were nailed into various parts of his body, and people said they saw him up there around 7:30 in the morning when kids were going to school but no one called until 3:30 that afternoon," said MSPCA Officer Martha Parkhurst. "I have a feeling he got put there sometime during the night."

The snake has six puncture wounds, including one near its head. It is being cared for at the MSPCA in Methuen.

The snake, which has been affectionately named Trent after the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails, is recovering from its wounds. Parkhurst said it is expected to be OK.

"It's one of the more bizarre things I've come across in the years I've been doing this," Parkhurst said. "Obviously the person's sick, and they didn't intend to kill him right away or they would have put the nail directly into his head."

Parkhurst said the pet snake appeared to be well cared for before the incident.

Animal cruelty is a felony in Massachusetts, which is punishable for up to five years in state prison and/or a $2,500 fine.

Parkhurst said a $500 reward is being offered for information leading to the person or persons responsible for nailing the snake to the pole.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the MSPCA Law Enforcement Department's hotline at 617-522-6008.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
    http://wbztv.com/watercooler/pets/Sn....2.731597.html

Theres avideo on that link with the snake moving ext. Luckily it survived but its just sad to see things like that happen, Im just glad the ASPCA took the time to save it which supprised me, but is nice to see a scaley friend get some TLC.

Ben

Thanks

Re: People are Sick, BP Nailed to a Telephone post

Thanks

I'd like to nail someones b**** to a post. It would do my soul some good!!

Thanks

Sorry, didnt check OT for a post on this, assummed because it was related to herps it would be either in general BP or General Herp.

Thanks

Yup, pretty sick. Doesn't surprise me though.... Lawrence is one of those places you better drive through with your windows up.
    I have tried to contact the MSPCA to see if Trent will be up for adoption. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks

Ive never really been to lawrence though I do Live in MA, not that good with all the towns

As for adoption, Im sure tons of people would give him a home in a heartbeat, from the videos, he actually looks good for whats happened. Id give him a home if needed also.

My mom showed me it and I said i could definitally adopt it she said she read that someone working with it is taking it. My only hope is that they know all the stuff about BPs, because sadly, many animal cruelity workers dont know squat about reptiles, but Angell did treat it so id assume they got someone to show them what to do if they dont know.

Beantown, Your site is comming together nicely, I had checked it before the Manchester Expo, when it was not up yet except for the front page, nice to see it comming along.

Ben

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Reptiles View Post
    Yup, pretty sick. Doesn't surprise me though.... Lawrence is one of those places you better drive through with your windows up.
    I have tried to contact the MSPCA to see if Trent will be up for adoption. Does anyone have any info?
    Lol yeah I lived in Lowell for a little while those towns are freakin scary! I don't doubt that this was some sort of sick and twisted gang related "warning" like it says in one of the articles. Let us know if you find anything out about Trent! It would be great to see him get into a good home with someone who will take good care of him.
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

"...and people said they saw him up there around 7:30 in the morning when kids were going to school but no one called until 3:30 that afternoon,"

yea, i like how no one said anything all day....can you imagine how that poor snake felt hanging up there all day long while everyone just walked by, no one really caring probably because it didnt happen to a "cute and furry" animal (this time anyway)?? that is so ******* disgusting id give that poor soul a home in a heartbeat

Thanks

I found out that Trent will probably be adopted by the person now caring for him in foster care once he is healed. So that's good.

Thanks Crazydude for your comments! I wish I had more time to work on my website, but the day job gets in the way lol!

Thanks

It's things like this and others that makes me hate being human. I have a few choice places I'd like to see those nails hammered on the people that did that.
    Felicia "Fe" Wares
    www.WaresIronBalls.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast