75 members and 176 guests
4theSNAKElady, Achilles.10.7, AJs Snake House, Andrew_a, angelreg1362, anneplath, Ball Clan, BallChick, bamasmith, barbie.dragon, bigt0006, bkielt, Bobbafett, Bowlshot, bradthebanker, BrandiR, Brokenangelr, cassidyy327, cathalfahey, che, Christopher Pilgrim, coreydelong, CrystalRose, DaisyB, Daybreaker, devildog_dk, Doggey75, DooLittle, Driver, ductai36, Dyna Bob, Emeraldtail, gsarchie, herhuskalusk, iCandiBallPythons, ididnessie, jake1191, joeagost, Kinra, KKC, MaliPython, martin82531, MikeJuggles, Misha, nootcakes, Opal Shadow, PghBall, RichieBoo, ROACH, Roman0906, RyanReynolds, schoch79, shadow240sx, SnakeKittyFishy, Soterios, southwind, sugar shane, Tannerrrtx, thejenius77, towelie4365, toyota89, treeboa, trevo, TurkeyPython, twinklestar, velvat, Vnuk1, Wes, wesley, wideglide, Wizard, wycked, Xtina, Zinger333, zoomin31,
Most users ever online was 847, 10-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Ball-Pythons.net Forums FAQ
Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
Ball-Pythons.Net Site Rules
Welcome to the Ball-Pythons.Net (BP.net)!
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SITE RULES AND TERMS OF SERVICE BEFORE USING Ball-Pythons.net.
SITE RULES (the short version)
1. Registering with this site constitutes agreement to abide by these rules.
2. Family Friendly – keep ALL content "rated PG" or friendlier.
3. No Hate Speak. No racial, religious, gender-related, or sexual slurs. No threats of violence or personal attacks whether public posts or private messages.
4. Signatures must be limited in scope…no more than the equivalent of 10 standard lines of text. Any banners included may be no more than 450 x 100.
5. ONE account per member. Period. Account name changes must be approved by admin.
6. ONE member per account. If more than one member of a household wishes to participate each must have their own account.
7. Threads created for the purpose of criticizing an ad or video must be placed in the Quarantine Room.
8. No posts may be made that encourage or endorse criminal activity, either explicit or implied.
9. In no way may a member impersonate or claim to be another person or entity, whether real or fictitious.
10. No Spam!
11. No posts containing viruses or other harmful content.
12. Links or text with the purpose of recruiting members to competing sites are not allowed.
13. Respect bandwidth, copyrights, and ownership. Do not "hot-link" images from other websites or post copyrighted material.
14. No advertising outside of designated areas without administrator approval. Rules for Advertising
15. No contests may be created or run on BP.net without express administrator approval.
16. Children under 13 should have parental permission to participate.
21. All members are responsible for reading and understanding the full content of the TOS and Site Rules.
Please continue reading for a thorough explanation of these and additional Rules and Terms of Service for BP.net.
SITE RULES (the long version)
1. Registering with this site constitutes agreement to abide by these rules, in both the letter and the spirit in which they are intended. This list is not to be considered complete and is subject to change without notice.
2. Family-friendly forum content. This includes ALL submitted content, whether text, images, or links to other sites. We have members and visitors of all ages and want to keep it that way. If you are unsure as to whether something qualifies as "family-friendly" or wish to report a potential problem, please send a private message to any staff member and we will respond as quickly as we can.
3. No Hate Speak. This includes, but is not limited to: cursing; threats of violence; racial, gender, religious, or sexual slurs; personal attacks; and speech intended to cause or further a "flame war" or personal vendetta. This includes vindictive use of the Reputation System and Private Messages. Ultimately, it will be up to the staff (the mods and ultimately the admins) to determine if any given post or thread has crossed these lines.
4. Signatures must be limited in scope. No more than the equivalent of 10 lines of standard text in a 1024x768 resolution. (A size 1 font will allow for more lines of text.) Banner graphics must be limited to a maximum of 450 pixels wide by 100 pixels high and 150 kilobytes in size. Members sporting extraordinarily flashy graphics in their signatures may be asked to remove/change them. Signatures including both graphics and text must still not exceed the equivalent of 10 lines of text.
5. ONE account per member. You may not have more than one member-name/ID for your private use. If you have a member-name/ID already and wish to change it, you must notify an Admin before making any such changes and explain why you feel such a change is necessary. Not all name-change requests will be honored, but names changed without a prior request and permission will automatically be disabled, and could possibly result in the original account also being suspended either temporarily or permanently. Member names must comply with the Family Friendly rules. Member names may NOT incude web addresses, including but not limited to "www." and ".com" prefixes and suffixes.
6. ONE member per account. An account/ID/member-name may not be used by more than one person, even if the members “sharing” are a married couple/involved/committed couple or members of the same household. Multiple persons of the same household wishing to participate at BP.net must each have their own account. Each member is fully responsible for ANY activity on their account, so please be careful allowing any outside access to your account, either through shared passwords or a logged-in computer or any other security breach.
7. Threads created for the purpose of criticizing an ad or video must be placed in the Quarantine Room. This includes, but is not limited to ads from Craigslist or videos from Youtube. Any such threads created in the public forums will be moved to QT without notice or forwarding links.
8. No posts promoting illegal behavior will be tolerated, including but not limited to warez/pirating of copyrighted material, illegal drug or alcohol usage, and illegal ownership or trafficking of species.
9. In no way may a member impersonate or claim to be another person or entity, whether real or fictitious. Doing so could result in a temporary and/or permanent ban from the site.
10. No Spam! Spamming will result in immediate, permanent ban from the site.
11. No posts or messages may be made or sent containing viruses or other harmful content or in any way intended to disrupt the normal flow of communication in or the operations of the Site in any way. Violation will result in immediate and permanent ban.
12. Links or text with the purpose of recruiting members to competing sites are not allowed. Linking to other sources for the purposes of sharing something unavailable at BP.net and/or for the purposes of promoting reasonable and appropriate discussion are allowed. However, links to other forums for the purposes of slamming the site, an individual, or other inflammatory action are not allowed.
13. Respect bandwidth, copyrights, and ownership. Do not "hot-link" images from other websites or post copyrighted material without the express, written permission of the owner.
14. No advertising outside of designated area without Administrator approval. “Designated area” is the For Sale/Trade/Adoption/Wanted Forum, and is free for our members limited use. All goods, services, or animals advertised in these spaces must be the property of and in possession of the member posting. Administrators reserve the right to pull any ads deemed to fall outside of our Family Friendly parameters or that may constitute a legal liability for the site. Rules for Advertising
15. No contests may be created or run at BP.net without express Administrator approval. Fun threads with "games" such as guessing games or whatever are fine. But contests offering prizes are not allowed unless written permission is gained from admin.
16. Children under 13 should have parental permission to participate at this site.
17. No posts or private messages may be made or sent with the express intent to antagonize or discredit the staff. Violation may result in heavy infractions or a permanent ban.
18. Members must remain active in order to retain gallery privileges. Any member not posting within a 4-month span may have his/her photo gallery stripped. Once a gallery is deleted, it cannot be restored by the staff, though a member is welcomed to begin participating again and upload new images.
19. All content belongs to BP.net and may not be redistributed elsewhere without Administrator approval. Posts, photos, caresheets, or other intellectual property of other members, contributors, or staff, may not be used outside the Site without express, documented permission of said person. Public posting of permission by other member under his/her own user-name is considered documented permission, as is non-anonymous e-mail or a stored Private Message on this Site.
20. Participating at BP.net is not a right...it is a privilege. If it should come to our attention that a member has expressed clear derision of BP.net with the apparent intent to bring harm to the site, that member may be permanently banned.
21. All members are responsible for reading and understanding the full content of the TOS and Site Rules. The Administrators (and their staff) reserve the right to determine what constitutes proper use of Ball-Pythons.net. They have final judgment on whether or not the Site Rules and/or Terms of Service have been violated and what the consequences of said violations will be.
CONSEQUENCES:Violations of these rules may result in the member earning a href="http://ball-pythons.net/forums/announcement.php?f=89&a=15">Infraction Points. In rare cases, an immediate ban may be applied at the discretion of the site administrators.
The FAQ's below are related to Site Rules and Terms of Service - which all new members should read.
For our herp-related FAQ's, select one of these links:
For more herp-related FAQ's, caresheets, medical and DIY sections please click here.
Ball-Pythons.Net Terms of Service
TERMS OF SERVICE (the legal version)
1. Agreement to Terms. By using this Site, you signify that you agree to these Terms of Service. In addition, when using particular services available on this Site, you will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which can be found above. All such Site Rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service or any of the Site Rules, please do not use the Site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the Terms of Service or the Site Rules at any time. Please check these Terms of Service and the Site Rules periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of changes will mean you agree to abide by those changes.
2. Ownership. This Site is owned equally and operated by the Admins. All materials contained in the Site are the property of the Admins unless otherwise noted. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to the Admins. or their affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Including, but not limited to all logos, characters, artwork, stories, information, names, and other elements associated thereto are the sole and exclusive property of the Admins. The sale, auction, lease, loan, gift, trade or barter, or use of any of the text, graphics, photographs, audio and/or video material or stills from audiovisual material or any other materials contained herein, for any other purpose, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, including the use of any of the aforementioned materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment, without a prior written consent from the Admins, is strictly prohibited. The creation of derivative works based on the materials contained herein including, but not limited to, products, services, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise (whether sold, bartered or given away) is expressly prohibited. You may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Terms Of Service and other proprietary rights. As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Site. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
A. You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages (collectively "threads") to bulletin boards, chat rooms or other public areas within, or in connection with, this Site (collectively "Forums"). The Admins accept no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such Messages. The Admins do not endorse and have limited control over the content of Threads submitted by others to Forums. Threads submitted to Forums are not necessarily reviewed by the Admins prior to posting and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the Admins. The Admins make no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of the Threads in the Forums or the accuracy and reliability of any Threads and other materials in the Forums. Nonetheless, the Admins reserve the right to prevent you from submitting Materials to Forums and to edit, restrict or remove such Threads for any reason at any time.
B. The Admins assume no responsibility for actively monitoring Forums for inappropriate Threads. If at any time the Admins choose, at their discretion, to monitor the Forums, they nonetheless assume no responsibility for the content of the Messages, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Threads, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Thread. In submitting Threads to Forums, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the Forums are intended. You agree that the Admins accept no liability whatsoever if it determines to prevent your Threads from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your Threads.
C. You agree that any Thread whatsoever submitted by you becomes the property of the Admins and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed and published, displayed or deleted as they see fit.
5. Submissions. The Admins’ policy does allow this site to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials not found within. Accordingly, we request that you submit or send any original creative materials, including but not limited to submissions of drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts to any Admin. Submission shall be deemed and shall remain the property of the Admins in perpetuity. By making any Submission, the sender automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material expressly grants the Admins the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such material (in whole or in part) throughout the universe and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, for the full term of the sites lifetime, trademark or patent that may exist in such material for any purpose that the Admins choose, whether internal, public, commercial, or otherwise, without any compensation, credit or notice to the sender whatsoever. The sender waives all so-called "moral rights" in all Submissions. The sender further waives the right to make any claims against the Admins relating to unsolicited submissions, including, but not limited to, unfair competition, breach of implied contract and/or breach of confidentiality.
6. Communications. You agree that your activities on the Site (including without limitation submission of any Threads to Forums) will not:
A. infringe on the Admins’ or any third party's copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy (and by submitting Threads to Forums, you represent to the Admins that you are the rightful owner of such material or that you have first obtained permission to submit the material from the rightful owner);
B. constitute (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or may create liability for the Admins or cause the Admins to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
C. transmit content the Admins consider to be disruptive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
D. impersonate or claim the identity, characteristics or qualifications of any other person or entity; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or are false, inaccurate or misleading;
E. unless specifically authorized by us, are for commercial purposes or contain advertising or are intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services or to make donations, including "spam" or any other form of solicitation or promotion, or link to, directly or indirectly, any sites that violate the restrictions set forth in this Section 6;
F. contain any virus or other harmful component or otherwise disrupt the normal flow of communication in or operation of the Forums in any way; or
G. are libelous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE ADMINS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ADMINS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE ADMINS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE ADMINS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE ADMINS, EVEN IF THE ADMINS OR THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ADMINS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM).
9. Termination. You agree that the Admins, at their discretion, may terminate any account (or any part thereof) you may have with us or use of the Site and remove and discard all or any part of your account or any Submissions, for any reason whatsoever at the Admins’ discretion. The Admins may also at their discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Ball-Pythons.Net, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site or any account you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that the Admins shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination.
Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links below or the search box above to find your way around.
The Blog system gives you your own personal space at Ball-Pythons.net Forums. Depending on how the administrator has configured the blog, you will be able to create your own entries and control who may view them.
Here you can find some important information on Ball-Pythons.net Gallery