Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,205

1 members and 1,204 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112

Hunger strike week3

Printable View

• 07-21-2020, 02:41 PM
    Igotsmallballs
    Yep. My first bp enclosure was to big, but I cluttered it up and she thrived. Now that I look at it in retrospect compared to what he’s in now. That had to be a huge open scary world for him. Surprised he was eating at all for awhile.

I will check it out. Thx
  • 07-24-2020, 05:27 PM
    Igotsmallballs
    Re: Hunger strike week3
    Update!!!!!!!!

This morning I noticed he had shed out in one nice piece. Figured it would be a could time to feed. Plus the house was going to be silent. Left an unscented pinky out for him. As suggested. Just got a text from my gf saying the mouse was gone from the napkin!!!! Super stoked!!!

Tyvm very much Deb!!!

He will gradually be upgrading to slightly bigger enclosures as needed!

Cant believe I thought I could just clutter a cage that big up like I did my pythons. He was way to small!
    lesson learnt!!
  • 07-26-2020, 07:08 PM
    Igotsmallballs
    Took little man out today for the first time in awhile. Wellness check/15 mins of play time.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...547407aef5.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...547407aef5.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a068792d64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-26-2020, 07:44 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Igotsmallballs View Post
    Update!!!!!!!!

This morning I noticed he had shed out in one nice piece. Figured it would be a could time to feed. Plus the house was going to be silent. Left an unscented pinky out for him. As suggested. Just got a text from my gf saying the mouse was gone from the napkin!!!! Super stoked!!!

Tyvm very much Deb!!!

He will gradually be upgrading to slightly bigger enclosures as needed!

Cant believe I thought I could just clutter a cage that big up like I did my pythons. He was way to small!
    lesson learnt!!

Glad to hear :gj: , a few more meals like that and he should be on track good job.
  • 07-29-2020, 09:11 PM
    Igotsmallballs
    Meal two was taken today!
  • 08-04-2020, 02:24 PM
    Igotsmallballs
    Late update. He is good to go and doing well! He’s a lot more docile now and when I get him out. He climbs onto my hand with some kneeling down and patience. I miss his sassy attitude. His overall health and welfare is the most important thing to me though. He’s doing chomps like a boss!!

I would like to eventually get him a future girlfriend. However I think I will hold of on lower humidity snakes for now. This summer has been rough humidity wise. I’m also $350 in the hole because of a dehumidifier. Southern Ohio weather is nuts. We shall see what the winter brings. He will probably thrive even more with lower humidity!

This will be the last update. I hope putting my blunder out there and assuming I could just clutter his cage up like my bp’s helps someone. It was probably the equivalent of putting a bp in a 120 gallon aquarium. Mine are in 20 gallon exo’s. Thx to all who helped out! It was definitely a humbling experience and a well learned lesson!