Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,020

4 members and 1,016 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,589
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
  • 01-09-2023, 09:57 AM
    YungRasputin
  • 02-14-2023, 11:33 PM
    Wanik4
    My strategy with my burmese has been to never let it strike at food to avoid any unnecessary issues. I lay Rats on rocks and he goes hunting... fun to watch.
  • 02-15-2023, 12:33 AM
    YungRasputin
    Re: Onix the Central African Rock Python
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanik4 View Post
    My strategy with my burmese has been to never let it strike at food to avoid any unnecessary issues. I lay Rats on rocks and he goes hunting... fun to watch.

i couldn’t do this with my Burms tbh - outside of my scrub python they're my most food snakes in my collection - i can’t even get the enclosure open before they’re popping they’re heads out haha

my strategy for safety has just been maintaining consistent feeding conditions eg: i always feed late at night in pitch black lighting, etc - that way both the Burms and Onix know that unless it’s dark there will be no foods of any kind given - which i feel that they understand the difference because there is a v clear difference between day time Burms and night time Burms - day time they loaf about or go swimming/soak - at night they’re in 200% hunting mode so i just leave them be - it’s like we have an understanding
  • 02-16-2023, 03:03 PM
    Wanik4
    Re: Onix the Central African Rock Python
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    i couldn’t do this with my Burms tbh - outside of my scrub python they're my most food snakes in my collection - i can’t even get the enclosure open before they’re popping they’re heads out haha

my strategy for safety has just been maintaining consistent feeding conditions eg: i always feed late at night in pitch black lighting, etc - that way both the Burms and Onix know that unless it’s dark there will be no foods of any kind given - which i feel that they understand the difference because there is a v clear difference between day time Burms and night time Burms - day time they loaf about or go swimming/soak - at night they’re in 200% hunting mode so i just leave them be - it’s like we have an understanding

My burm is always pretty quick to come by the glass when it's opened, but since I have tap trained him since day one I just put my hook on his head and he switches off right away. I also have never let him strike at a prey item, nor have I ever put my hand in his enclosure without removing him. I did my best with this snake to remove any triggers and it seems to have worked well. He's just a goofy happy snake that eats any rat you give him off a rock and has never even nipped or hissed in the least bit.
  • 04-12-2023, 11:15 AM
    YungRasputin
    better pictures forth coming but wanted to introduce my patternless female “Aura” (Latin for gold) - she is just a little bit over a year old and roughly 4.5 feet at present or there abouts:

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...811d1a1ea.jpeg
  • 04-12-2023, 11:38 AM
    Bogertophis
    Love the name- AND her coloration!
  • 04-12-2023, 11:42 AM
    YungRasputin
    Re: YR’s African Rock Pythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Love the name- AND her coloration!

many thanks! :D i honestly love her already - basically identical to my normal male behavior wise just bigger - was handling her right out of the bag with zero issues or negativity - was like i had been handling her for ages - she’s a bit spooked but i am sure that will go away once she settles
  • 05-10-2023, 12:17 PM
    YungRasputin
    adding “Lara Croft” to the team - roughly the same age as Onix tho a bit bigger in size i think - her lineage is WC female unknown locality 11 feet x CB male from Bob Clark 9 feet unknown locality - het for patternless

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...4bf462739.jpeg
  • 05-10-2023, 07:42 PM
    YungRasputin