Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 783

2 members and 781 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
  • 11-27-2018, 04:23 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: Figment - Our Hypo Lavender Corn Baby
    Looking really great Dave, really looks lavender in the pics too, camera deffo has picked it up

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
  • 02-26-2019, 10:42 PM
    dakski
  • 02-26-2019, 10:48 PM
    Jellybeans
    Yes those are so pretty.
    Love how sweet they look.
  • 02-26-2019, 10:50 PM
    Dianne
    He’s such a beauty. So many folks treat corns as if they are a consolation prize instead of getting a ‘real’ snake. Their calm temperament, ease of care, and the incredible variation of color and pattern make them such a great choice in pets. I really love to hear about other folks who keep these guys long term. I only have my one adult normal male now, but I’ve had others in the past and always enjoyed them. And you have to love their food response, rarely have I run across one who was a picky eater. :D
  • 02-26-2019, 11:01 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    He’s such a beauty. So many folks treat corns as if they are a consolation prize instead of getting a ‘real’ snake. Their calm temperament, ease of care, and the incredible variation of color and pattern make them such a great choice in pets. I really love to hear about other folks who keep these guys long term. I only have my one adult normal male now, but I’ve had others in the past and always enjoyed them. And you have to love their food response, rarely have I run across one who was a picky eater. :D

I hear you.

They are great pets. Care is easy and setups are cheap, as is food.

No surprise I have 2 boas and 2 corns, as well as two pythons (one BP and one carpet).

So beautiful and docile. Figment has skipped one meal in 6 years.

Solana has has yet to. She’s shedding and ate the other day.
  • 02-26-2019, 11:17 PM
    FollowTheSun
    Beautiful!! I didn't know they came in lavender! And a bright pink tongue so neat!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
  • 02-26-2019, 11:17 PM
    Dianne
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I hear you.

They are great pets. Care is easy and setups are cheap, as is food.

No surprise I have 2 boas and 2 corns, as well as two pythons (one BP and one carpet).

So beautiful and docile. Figment has skipped one meal in 6 years.

Solana has has yet to. She’s shedding and ate the other day.

My male, Yin, will skip meals if he is in shed, but only if in full blue. He had a short spell in December and January when he wasn’t eating as consistently, but I think that was in part due to drops in temperature outside which did effect temps inside. While my snake room only dropped 3-5 degrees overall, and he has undertank heat, I think it was enough to make him go off feed for just a bit.

Yin is a normal, and my girl Yang was a hypo. I’ve also had snow corns, a dreamcicle, a striped corn, and a grey rat snake. They are just too cool.
  • 02-26-2019, 11:51 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FollowTheSun View Post
    Beautiful!! I didn't know they came in lavender! And a bright pink tongue so neat!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Look close. He has purple eyes.
  • 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne View Post

Agreed! Under-rated as pets.

I've kept corn snakes for as long as I've been keeping snakes (a very long time), & bred a few (way back)- I currently have 5, 4 of which are about 10 years of age,
    & one male that is 20 years old. The 20 year old is "geriatric" & the only one who ever refuses some meals; that is to be expected, his metabolism is slowing down
    & this is perfectly normal for an elderly rat snake. Overall, corn snakes are a huge pleasure to keep as pets for their agreeable dispositions, great appetites, nice size
    (not too big) & ease of care (easier to meet their requirements than many others like BPs). Their vast array of beautiful colors puts them over the top as pets, IMO.
  • 05-05-2019, 02:02 PM
    dakski
    Figment looked particularly good the other day and I got some pictures in good lighting. He seems to glow purple and pink. Overall, he's doing great and is a joy, as always.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/QA8XXbx.jpg
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/y7ca42A.jpg