Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,121

1 members and 3,120 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,550
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Omg!!!

Thanks

Re: Omg!!!

how many snakes are in there??? good thing he knows what he's doing....
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Thats sick!!
    Jessika

0.1 NERD Coral Glow
    1.0 Harliquin Great Dane, Gambit
    0.2 Cats, Mojo-Jojo and Rebel
    A hubby that isn't a fan of reptiles but is learning to love them, and a baby girl named Eve 😊❤

Thanks

I actually saw this same thing in the ball python enclosure at a local store. Of course I could blatantly tell that some of them had an RI because some of their mouths were open and could just tell something was wrong (when some of there mouths were closed it still looked a little ajar). Ball pythons are the only snake I have seen them do this with though. All the other enclosures usually have 2 tops in each enclosure. Of course they have a $1,500 female spider in its own enclosure without a hide. A lot of the snakes there actually have their own enclosure they just always seem overstocked with ball pythons.

edit: the guy I talk to in the store doesnt know much about ball pythons other than that they are shy. He really doesnt know much about how to take care of them from talking to him. He basically takes care of them like he would a boa (he used to breed boas).
    ~Mark

0.0.1 Ball Python -Buddy
    1.0.0 Colombian Boa possibly double het for albino stripe - no name yet

Thanks

Disclaimer: Just for debating please!!

Whats the difference with this guy and the vendors at reptile shows that have huge tanks full of "feeders" and "non feeders" all squished, stressed out, and still selling? why dont we say anything to those people?? I gotta say, that there are two sides to every story.

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that rats and mice do like company. I do think that putting too many in the same enclosure can stress them out eventually. It's just a matter of how many you keep together in what size enclosure.
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Thanks

I don't think I would buy from someone like that, and I very well might say something to them.
    The good vendors I've seen at shows have snakes in individual little box thingies. I can't say I've actually seen anyone with a tank full like in the pictures linked here. Not even my local pet stores.

Not that I'm in the "omg I'm so shocked" camp. I'm definitely not shocked, people will do many things in the name of greed, and this is far from the worst I've seen in the animal "industry".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpkid
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that rats and mice do like company. I do think that putting too many in the same enclosure can stress them out eventually. It's just a matter of how many you keep together in what size enclosure.
    "feeders" and "non feeders" as in the baby snakes that have eaten their first meal and those that haven't. Not talking about any rodents here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl
    Disclaimer: Just for debating please!!

Whats the difference with this guy and the vendors at reptile shows that have huge tanks full of "feeders" and "non feeders" all squished, stressed out, and still selling? why dont we say anything to those people?? I gotta say, that there are two sides to every story.

do you mean feeders as in a snake/rep thats feeding as opposed to a snake thats not feeding(stressed out gone off feed) or are you refering to prey animals (mice ect.)
    Nevermind posted too late lol
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

well thats not exactly right but i figure they do it just for practicality its easier to have 20 tanks for 50 snakes rather than 50 tanks for 50 snakes. not saying its right but i like to think that once the snakes are back home (the ones that didnt sell that is) that they all have there own tanks and setups and are happy.

as for that guy on craigs list he has no idea what hes doing and he just in it for the money to make a quick buck. and not for the well being or love of the snakes and the hobby. in my opinion he should not be allowed to breed snakes ever again. but as for the expos i have yet to see a poorly cared for snake thay all look healthy and not skinny that tells me they are cared for and not stressed when they are home.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

Thanks

There is no difference between the two. Someone is going to buy some from that craigslist guy and someone is going to buy from that guy at the show. Anyone who is educated will buy from a good breeder and anyone who isn't will buy from people like that... unless it is an educated person that wants to take in a sick animal. Anyone who sells a non feeding animal has no business selling that animal at all.
    - The Member Formerly Known as Bpkid

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast