Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,202

0 members and 1,202 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Indoor Mini Pond

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Bettas are such beautiful fish (& so many are treated horribly in tiny bowls)...this is very cool.
    I feel really bad too because I'm sure my sister or I asked for a fish once, but I remember my parents having them in ~1 gallon "betta bowls", no filter, but weekly 100% water changes. Well before I was old enough to be responsible or know better, but still sad. (Even sadder, that situation is really far from the worst.. especially not now there are tiny betta cubes barely bigger than the display cups... probably about 5"×5"×5". Those are so much worse.)

Only thing worse (and only because it is that much more horrifying) than bettas in tiny bowls are the people who think it is okay for goldfish too. Overheard someone at a pet store trying to convince the associate to sell them 2 feeder comets AND a 4-5" koi (they didn't know the difference, girlfriend just liked that particular color).. and said their bowl at home was "this" size and held up a 0.5 gallon plastic bowl on display and that might be a generous volume estimate on my part. Luckily the associate convinced them to buy a 20 gallon kit with filter, only get the 2 small comets, and that they would need to upgrade the tank size later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pretends2bnormal; 04-29-2019 at 12:02 AM.