Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
I wondered the same things...do they have to punch in at the park on a time clock?

Don't get me wrong, I think their intentions are good...and maybe this is a city where back yards are rare, I just don't know. Dogs cooped up in apartments are not a
good thing...many dogs get destructive or become nuisance barkers when bored & under-exercised, & that's not good for anyone.

Just thought I'd share a different perspective from elsewhere, as many of us have more than just snakes. And as my dogs are getting old (one especially more than the other), I wondered about that too...what about the dogs that cannot physically walk that far? I have a nice back yard, & I like to walk my dogs when the weather permits, but I cannot take my dogs for walks all summer...it's just too hot for my bigger, oldest dog. I hope we hear more eventually, about how this worked out.

One reason some hesitate to walk their dogs is that where they live, they can be attacked by loose dogs that belong to neighbors. I have a friend who was
attacked by a pitbull that broke thru a screened window of a nearby house while walking her small dogs on a public sidewalk. So there's that too...
I think they mean well too however definitely not something realistic and it not a one fit all type deal either every dog is different some can and want to walk long walks some can't or some don't.

My dogs go out 4 to 6 times a day in our fenced yard, 1/2 acre out of 4 is fenced and the dogs are chihuahuas so they have room to do what they feel like but while one loves to explore the other one is like ok I am done now can we go home if you wanted to go on a long walk with him he will walk 10 steps and bark at you until you pick him up.

And who in their right mind would have a dog and not walk it? Unless you want a big pile of crap and pee puddles in your house of course.