Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,891

2 members and 2,889 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,586
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, masdiprizio

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,926 Times in 11,906 Posts

Re: Small amount of blood after defecating

Quote Originally Posted by aurum View Post
    I just got back from my trip, and from what my parents have observed she's been acting normal, although today I already saw her try to bite herself a couple times while I was cleaning her tank. No latching on like before, but it seems like this behavior might not be something that just goes away. I also did end up making an appointment with the vet. Even if they don't have any answers, I want them to check on the scent glands she was having a problem with before because I'm wondering if they might've gotten inflamed again and that's what's hurting her?

Bogertophis, the green tomato plants sound like a great idea, but unfortunately we don't grow any vegetables ourselves. Hopefully the veterycin can work somewhat as a deterrent. Having a breeder to talk to would probably help as well, but I bought her from an expo and didn't end up getting the seller's contact info, so I'm out of luck there. Something to learn from if I ever buy from expos again.
    (Also I don't know if you were under the impression that she is an MBK, but she is a speckled kingsnake )
    Oh sorry, I was under the impression that she's an MBK- maybe I confused with another thread, but it doesn't matter in terms of care & advice, not one bit. Ask your vet what you might safely use topically that would be a taste "turn-off".
    Or post a free ad, or ask around, or go to a farmer's market- for someone who grows tomatoes to share a piece of stem they don't need- hey, if you were closer...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

aurum (08-01-2022)