Hi to all here in the forum! I got into breeding my own feeders (mice and asf) and both had the first litters already. While the mice femals are all taking care of all pups I am running into a problem with my female ASFs. I have 1 male with 3 females in a 30g tank, they have a wheel, water bottles, get a good variety of foods and are doing really well so far. The first ASF gave birth about 2 weeks ago and ALL femals took care of the litter of 13. Now my second ASF just had a litter and the female of the first litter is always stealing the newborns and drags them into her nest with the 13 bigger pups and there they end up on the bottom of the tank, under the other 13 bigger pups. The second ASF and mom of the second litter seems in distress as she hears her pups "whine", but does not try to get her pups back. I moved the new borns out of the nest once back to the second hide where they were born, but the first ASF right away ran again and pulled them out.

Will I lose the second litter as they most likely won't get fed? Should I separate the females? (I hoped I did not need to do that). Any ideas and suggestions are more than welcome!