Hello,

I am having an issue with my ball python but I'm having a hard time finding a reputable exotic vet in my area, so I'm reaching out to anyone that may be able to help. I was wondering if you've ever seen anything like this before, I'm having a hard time finding info online...(I am located near Guelph Ontario, but before anyone recommends Campus Estates, I have first hand experience with how little experience they actually have with reptiles).

About a month ago or so I noticed weird flaky brown spots on just the tips of a few belly scales of my ball. She was on a carpet substrate, and I thought maybe it might be the start of scale rot. So I applied regular (without painkillers) Polysporin to the belly for two days and it wasn't making a difference and since it was only a couple scales, I thought I'd keep an eye on it and hope her next shed would clear it out and stopped using the Polysporin. But then a week later, the top layer of all her scales started flaking off individually. I looked into it some more and apparently this happens when you use Polysporin on your snake, even though it's commonly suggested.

It's been about three weeks since she's eaten, but otherwise she's her usual self and fairly active. Her scales still have the same colour but they are still flaking off everywhere and it's been weeks. Her substrate is now just paper towel. Also her belly is really pink but only in some spots, and when I run my finger along her belly, it disappears and then comes back after a bit.

I don't know exactly how old she is, but I've had her for almost a year and the store I got her at said she was there for a bit, maybe like 5 months. Her temperature is about 90 on warm side, 75 on cool and humidity is around 60 on average (I have a temp gun and two separate hygrometers). She has a side tank heating pad that she can't get close to and an overhead heat lamp as well, so there's no way it could be a burn on her belly. Is there any way the Polysporin might still just be sitting on her and she just needs more water baths? What would be causing the redness, just irritation from the scales shedding so much? Should I start applying the Polysporin again even though it makes her scales come off, or leave it?

Please find the photos attached. The redness in her belly is a little darker than it shows up in photos, but it comes and goes depending on how I'm holding her or how she's moving (as you can see sometimes the very middle of her belly is red in some photos and sometimes it's not), so I am wondering if it's just her blood flow is more visible without her outer scale layers?? I know she's losing scales because of the Polysporin, as many people seemed to have a similar experience after using it... I did notice these tiny dark specs on her face that I don't remember seeing before. Is her scale flaking an issue, or should I start using the Polysporin again just in case and hope her scale flaking goes away with her next shed? I am going to try feeding her tomorrow as well, hopefully she eats. She also just shed a few months ago (her sheds usually come off in one piece) and is showing no other signs of shed.

Any ideas would be really appreciated, she is very special to me!

I really appreciate your time

Kyle

Please click this link for the photos (let me know if there are any issues viewing them):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g7p8mobn7...yVz6m-4ma?dl=0