Today I was called up to my younger sister's room because her male beardie of about 5 years was acting defensive. He's rarely been like this under our care, but what really stuck out was his shed. He is shedding all over, from his head and beard to his back. I thought maybe his shed was what was troubling him, so I scooped him up and began his bath. No hissing, just puffing, black beard, and a few bobs. I didn't notice excess saliva in his mouth, nor discharge from nostrils or mouth.
His bath went fine, but he kept his defensive mood. During the bath, he defecated, and the consistency was a bit concerning.
Post-bath, he seemed to have calmed down a bit, but is still squirming a bit when I stroke his head.

FYI
He's kept in a traditional 55 gallon, with a basking bulb, UBV, and a ceramic heat emitter. His tank his bioactive. He always has fresh water, and eats well. His diet includes Super Worms, Dubia Roaches, and we try to get him to eat his veggies. He is very food motivated, but neglects his veggies.

Now, my concerns: after the bath, I was examining around his mouth. I pulled his lip down, and saw what seemed to be dirt and saliva bubbles. Any attempt I gave at trying to examine his mouth further failed, and he seems to be holding his mouth slightly open. Does anyone have any idea what could be up? He is shedding his lip scales as well, could that be the cause for this?

The boy (post-bath)

[IMG]IMG_20230227_180839.jpg[/IMG]