Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,854

0 members and 2,854 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, masdiprizio

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,926 Times in 11,906 Posts

Re: Does this look like diarrhea?

Quote Originally Posted by HouseofBoop View Post
    Thank you again! This is the 3rd poo of hers that has been off. The first couple were less formed than this, and hence taking a sample to the vet. They don't automatically check for reptile specific issues like crypto without charging about $500 per test. They just checked for parasites and giardia. It does not smell any worse than regular reptile poop at all. Didn't stink up the whole room or anything.

I'm wondering if it's because the mouse i gave her prior to this starting was from a new rodent breeder I'm trying out. I usually order online from Layne Labs but found a local guy that I wanted to try and save on shipping. Her poos were normal before that mouse.
    This one seems a little more solid than the last two, and I gave her a quail chick head for her last feeder from Layne Labs to see if it made a difference. Maybe I should give her some bene-bac next feeding and see if it helps?
    The change in your source of feeders is likely the reason- they probably feed their rodents differently -maybe dogfood instead of professional rodent chow? That's also a good sign that it's not real stinky. Adding some Bene-Bac might help & shouldn't hurt, that's a good idea. Seeing the change from normal stools would make me reconsider the new food source, but that's me. I can totally understand about the high shipping costs.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (06-18-2023)