Hey, it's me again. With probably a normal "problem". My boy who will be 3 years old in about 2 months. Wow, how time flies. Anyway he has been acting extremely weird for him. Usually I'll sit with his enclosure open at night and if he wants to come out he does, if not oh well. Lately he's been striking when I open his enclosure and I can't figure out why. He just seems extra moody. I'm wondering if this is him coming of age and if this is just normal breeding moodiness. He's eating normally. He eats small adult F/T rats every 2 weeks. His temps are normal, 74-77 cool end, 88 for his hot spot. Humidity is fine, around 60%. His sheds have been good and in one piece. He's pooping like normal. Nothing dramatic has happened lately. I upgraded his hides but he was acting like this before the upgrade. He's a pet and my only reptile.

He's just been moody lately. It doesn't really matter and seems easy enough to take care of him while he's like this. I'm just trying to understand the behavior. I don't believe I'm feeding him too little. He's never struck like this unless it was close to feeding day. I haven't done anything different than normal. The only thing I can think of is he's breeding size now so maybe he's just being hormonal? Any insight would be great.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk