OK, I am ashamed to even say this but I think I may have a very sick snake on my hands here. she is a 2500 gram female and two days ago I fed her a large rat, not insanely large but a good size rat. well now for the problem the day after I noticed her jaw looked a little stretched. i thought it was strange but I left her for then. well yesterday I noticed it actually had swollen considerably. after examining her, her mouth seems about the right color except 1 small red mark in the front of it. about the size of the tip of a pen. well some yellowish liquid came out from her teeth when i pushed on her lower jaw. so I decided i was taking her to the vet. now this morning the swelling is twice as bad as yesterday its swollen down into her neck and it looks like even the top right side of her head is a little swollen.
I thought maybe mouth rot, but she hasn't shown any symptoms until now. I'm worried she may have ripped something.
does anyone have any ideas on what this is, or if its even treatable? I want to take her to the vet, but I'm worried there may be nothing they can do for her.