Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,279

2 members and 2,277 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,558
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
    Thanks

Chocolate Ball Python???

what markers are associated with chocolate ball pythons? did nextworldexotics do a hunters guide to chocolate bps? i just heard of this snake and was wondering what the markers were and what one looks like. all i can find on google is candy.
    1.0 pastel, Aiden
    1.0 HOG, Lee
    Normal breeder female, Alice
    2.4 Normals
    3 girls, Omi, Kai, and Jax!

Thanks

Re: Chocolate Ball Python???

I don't really know, but this is what I found.
    http://www.bhbreptiles.com/index.php...hk=1&Itemid=12

Super Chocolates look nicer I think..
    http://www.bhbreptiles.com/index.php...hk=1&Itemid=12

Thats all the information I could find..
    I personally wouldn't pay that much for it.. it looks almost like a Cinny except darker..

Meh.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Those show up as $2 and $7 on my browser, even I would spring for that (lol, I'm very cheap). Looks like the comma is for some reason doing a line return and it's really $2,500 and $7,500 I suppose.

Hopefully we'll get a guide for these and also ember. There was a thread on kingsnake recently and I got a little bit of an idea of what the key points are. It looks like similar to Mojave they tend to have one eyed aliens but that the light side pattern tends to be more rounded and less triangular (upside down triangles on Mojave sides). Someone described the side shape as bell patterned but I’m not sure I get that (upside down?). They also showed pictures of dark patterned bellies described as mottled or I think blurred. A tendency of the light side area to connect up to the light dorsal stripe was also mentioned. I've also noticed broad dark pattern elements in most of the pictures posted.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of the finer points because if those are all it is then this guy could pass as one (note, this guy is NOT from a known chocolate line).

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Sorry, SABLE not EMBER. There is a thread on kingsnake, something like "underrated morph" with sable pics. Very chocolate like to me. I really don't have a good handle on either. Both good opportunities for a guide.

Been looking at normals lately and the one eyed aliens aren't that uncommon so need something more to id them. The general darkness and belly marks might be important parts of the package.

Thanks

Iam also trying to figure out the deal with chocolates and not coming up with a whole lot i see bhb had one for sale and i think he had a super chocolate as well but i also ran across this from scserp not sure what it is but the description said patternless chocolate which looks alot different form bhb chocolates. Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. this may be a better way to get that elusive all orange ball python. Just a thought this guy X albino= ?

hope this doesnt break any forum rules and all credit goes to scserp for the photo and snake

Thanks

chocolates look like a brown snake to me, but that is what people said about cinnys at first. the patternless choc. is cool looking
    iHerp profile
    Check out my reptiles on the iherp link above or FB below
    Rhacosaurus Gex