Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,940

1 members and 2,939 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, masdiprizio
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Hybrid View

Thanks

Re: The Frugal Herper's Snake Rack

OK ! I have basically built these 3 times now!!! The glue is definitely an issue to get to stick to the plastic.
    I will say this up front. I have bought some pre-built racks from various makers and I say IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, go that route! They are nicer, more compact, look better, enclosed, better heat retention, etc.
    But I got too far into this gig to turn back....
    What I ended up using was contact cement. Lather it on, wait 15 minutes to tack up, and then you are done! No waiting overnight, only to find that the glue did not work!
    I did not use GOOP, which may have been a mistake, but it seemed I would need several tubes and I didn't want to drop $20 just on glue.

Thanks
    Has anyone expanded these after the initial build? I'm going to be doing a 24" deep four shelf for 28qt Sterilite tubs right now, but was wondering if I should just go ahead and double up on it (which would be stretching the budget) or if I could just take off the top shelf and add another on top fairly easily in the future.

Thanks

Used the 24" deep shelving unit from Home Depot. Everything else is pretty much the same except for the ecuboard, which I painted with a couple of coats of weatherproof paint to seal it from moisture. I was going to use the markerboard that was suggested, but Home Depot only had the 2x4 sheets for $11 a piece instead of the $24 for 4 deal that was posted on their web site. Oddly, it fits two 32qt Sterilite tubs per shelf with no modification to the legs even though, based on the measurements, it shouldn't. I guess it's because the tub measurements are including the tops which are not being used.

Still waiting on heat tape to show up, then I'll level all the shelves, set the clearance, add the heat tape, screw them together, and start filling it up.

Thanks
    I'm looking at 2 sizes for the HDX 5-Shelf. One is 36 in. W x 72 in. H x 18 in. D for $34.97 and the other is 24 in. D x 36 in. W x 72 in. H for $49.97. Which one should I get?
    Humans: 0.1 Amanda, 1.0 Husband, 2.3 Children
    Ball Pythons: 2.2 "Classics" - Elmo (RIP), Mr. Noodle, Zoe, and Molly, 1.0 Pastel - Oscar, 1.0 Pinstripe het Hypo - Romeo, 1.0 Enchi - Eccleston 1.0 Mojave - Mr. Pillows, 1.0 Mojave Enchi - Commander Pumpkin Guns, 1.0 Black Pastel - Count Chocula 0.1 Butter het Hypo - Kerry Gold, 0.1 Spinner - Lucinda, 0.1 Spider - Luna, 0.1 Orange Ghost - Juliet 0.1 Blue Eyed Leucistic - Snow, and 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi YB 50% het Hypo 1.0 Bumblebelly - Ted Legend
    Other Snakes: 7.8 Boas, 1.1 Reticulated Pythons - Little Sister and Giovanni, 2.1 Blood Pythons - Gonzo, Snugglewumps and Narcissa, 0.1 Dumerils Boa - Blossom
    Lizards: 0.0.1 BTS - Smaug, 0.1 Bearded Dragon - Kilgharrah, 0.1 Leopard Gecko - Mavis

Thanks
    We did a smaller one of these just for 3 tubs. Theyre great because no matter your needs you can make them work!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk now Free

Thanks

Re: The Frugal Herper's Snake Rack

I am making a rack similar to tjis but for 2 15qt tubs and 1 34 qt sterilite tube. It is interchangeable for the tubs if you keep the lids on. My question is can th eheat tape go directly onto the plastic shelf it's self? Or do I have to put foil tape down then heat tape ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456