Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post

Python syphon into the sink to suction gravel and start water removal. Then a small pump to pump water into the sink.

The night before I filled two 60G pails with the fresh water for the tank and dosed with all the additives I needed (PH +, salt, dechlorinator, etc.) and dropped heaters in as well. Very important temps are stable going in and out especially when doing such a large water change - has to be right within 1F or less not to stress fish.

Once the water was taken out and the gravel syphoned, I would use a pump and a long hose to pump the fresh water into the tank.

All in all, it took about 3 hours including prep. So about 1 hour the night before and 2 hours the day of the water change.

Very expensive to get all the supplies (pumps, hoses, etc.) as well as additives and the tank was insanely expensive with stand and lid and light, filtration and heaters, etc.

It was an acrylic tank and was awesome. The company I bought it from now longer makes tanks, but it was great.
Whew that's a lot of work. Salt? Is it a brackish tank? I'm not very familiar with them. Why did it need PH added?