Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,009

0 members and 3,009 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,740 Times in 3,879 Posts

Re: Finally - 5 years late: An introduction to Cleo, Carra, and Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    I hate that you’re still having some feeding issues dakski. My LG is off food right now as well and even though I know they go off this time of year, it doesn’t make it any less stressful.

I had a little luck with freshly shed mealworms but even then he only took one, so if spike worms work for you let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will do. They arrive on Tuesday. Apparently, you can refrigerate and they will last 3-4 weeks. They encourage you to take them out a few minutes before you feed to warm up and get active.

Katie is not happy about "bugs" in her fridge, but is willing to make an exception for Cleo.

For what's worth, Cleo never turns down a hornworm, if you want to see if your guy will take something. Mostly water, but has some calcium and protein, so a little better than waxworms, I think. They are also pretty big.

Her second favorite is waxworms. She likes butterworms, but neither she, nor Carra (LG also), hold them down. I think they are too fatty. Same with superworms. I've tried and they just don't agree with them. Not saying all LG's cannot have Superworms, but mine don't tolerate them.

I wanted to order silkworms to try as well, but my sources were out of stock. They are supposed to have more protein than hornworms.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-13-2021),Hugsplox (03-13-2021)