Hi all, new here to the forum and came to pick your brains. I live in an area where I need to travel to see an exotic vet when needed. I have no problems dedicating the time and gas money to take any of my snakes to see a vet. I was wondering though, if it would be possible to request my local cat/dog vet prescribe the antibiotics I need for a snake I am positive has the start of an RI. I know that Fortaz is a commonly used antibiotic for snakes and I found a dosage recommendation online. If I took this information to the local vet, it would save the snake the stress of traveling 4+ hours while ill. I do understand a lung wash is recommended to determine the exact bacteria. I am hoping perhaps Fortaz will do the trick since it is a good broad spectrum medication. If it didn't help I would of course go ahead and travel to the nearest exotic vet. The dosage recommendation I found is this: Dose is 20 mg/kg IM or SC Q 72 hours The snake weighs 448 grams. Will my vet be able to give the correct dosage with this information?