My second BP just got here, she was just switched to (fuzzy) rats by the breeder for the last 2 meals, so I assume I'll need to feed live at least a few times until she settles in because I don't want to change up her routine too much. My other guy I gave f/t as soon as he got here because he's older and was a known excellent eater, and that was no problem, but it means I've never dealt with live feeders, so sorry if I'm over thinking this.

I can easily pick up a live fuzzy at the local herp place, but then do I bring it home and offer immediately? I'd rather feed later in the evening but don't know how to maintain a baby rat for a few hours, I assume it'll need heat and such because it's still with mom at this age. How many hours is it humane to keep a fuzzy like this, and will it quickly decline from exposure? I just want to maintain it comfortably if it needs to wait for feeding time, or if she refuses and I need to figure out what to do with it (I assume the store won't take it back after it's been in with a snake but might be willing to take and euth it humanely for me). The only info I can find is for feeding f/t or for breeding feeders, nothing about "holding" one for a while.
Thanks!