Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,440

2 members and 2,438 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28

Threaded View

Thanks

CHE Placement for 3x2x1 wooden cage

well i have cleaned up and repainted one of the enclosures that i have recently bought. I am having an issue of where i wanted to place my CHE as this is the choice i wanted to go with instead of a RHP or heat pad since i factored in cost and i am concerned about ambient temps. I have plugged in and tested the bulb it works and everything but i am concerned that the bulb is way too hot for this to be pointing down like it is in the picture even with the T stat.. if i was going to keep it this what would be a good place to put the Tstat. i got a surface temp of about 114 on the wood just below the bulb. I am considering installing it side ways as depicted in the picture with me pointing and having the T stat set for about 88-90 degrees on the opposite end, (ball python and for baby boa as appropriate) and because its point that way their should be enough gradient just under the bulb since i dont feel much sideways. so with this set up, what are some recommendations with the use of this CHE. CHE was bought on amazon. thanks allSimple Deluxe 150W Ceramic Heat Emitter

I have also considered mounting the bulb on the back and have the heat face to the doors (plexi glass sliding doors) I am just thinking that the current place is not a good spot for this thing. if i keep it there and set the T stat to 75-80 degrees it might make a nice hot spot at about 88-90 that is sufficient depending on where i keep the probe at. I'm thinking tstat against the back wall somewhere or the side. any recommendations for this set up greatly appreciated

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I WILL HAVE A CAGE ON THE BULB!! Just after I figure out where i really want this thing.

Last edited by greg.s; 01-31-2022 at 02:22 PM.