Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 757

1 members and 756 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Threaded View

Thanks

Concerned about my tokay's tail

When I bought my tokay, he had recently dropped his tail and has been growing it back for a past month. At first, the very tip was short and and pink in color but now the tip of his tail is very dark in color, and is noticeably different from the rest of the tail. I have never seen what a tokay gecko tail is supposed to look while its growing and with the lack of images on the internet, I have no idea if what I am seeing is supposed to be expected or not. Although his tail isn't completley black, I heard that a dark or black colored tail end can indiciate tail rot or necrosis. I am really worried that he might have it and if he does, I don't know how far along the infection would be by now. To make matters worse, all of the reptile vets in my area are booked solid until the beginning of April, meaning that I can't get him in there and I am bassically on my own right now. I have considered the possibility of to remove the tail myself just in case, but I don't know how risky that is. I am really worried about losing my tokay gecko and I have no idea what I should I do right now.
    Last edited by DistantParsec13; 03-09-2022 at 03:56 AM.