Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,089

0 members and 2,089 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,945 Times in 11,918 Posts

Re: How did retics get so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    i’m still preparing for my retic adventure but i have couple big snakes and an arachnid collection containing the most venomous tarantulas, scorpions, etc on earth, 1 of which hasn’t even been formally classified or studied by science and my perspective is: once you understand that all animals are basically the same and that it just takes exhaustive research to take care of them it’s like, well, why not? same with other “adrenaline junkie” activities like mountain climbing, power lifting, etc (feeling slightly called out here because I’m into all of those things lmao) - once you understand how easy it is to get into, why not?

it is curious however given their size and needs, but i’m definitely happy for it - the key to all these animals imo is just being on top of your research game and most importantly, be able to have the resources to meet their extensive care needs

the reptile game has always been p crazy because it was only a couple decades ago that dudes were just selling Nile crocs lmao
    I agree the key is research for proper care & having the "resources"- but also good self-assessment as to means & motivations. One problem is that many of these things live a long time, & our own needs & desires may change, or finances change. It's also best not to be renting or leasing your home. Many things to think about- being very responsible with giants or "hots" is essential- otherwise bad publicity can result in further restrictions for everyone.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Homebody (06-05-2022),YungRasputin (06-05-2022)