Hello! I haven’t been on since my ball python laid her second parthenogenesis clutch this year.
Well there must be something in the water because my 9year old crested gecko laid an egg 2 nights ago and it does not look like a slug 😅 I haven’t candled it or anything yet but it looks nothing like her previous slugs. This one is smaller, white and leathery! So I plan to keep it and see if it hatches like my snakes miracle eggs.
I have only owned these two reptiles my whole life. What are the chances they both lay a partho clutch!?

also, I am not a breeder and never planned to be haha Any tips out there for hatching this gecko egg? She laid it in moist coconut husk and sphagnum moss mixture. I’ve left it there for the time being. I looked it up and everyone suggests repashy super hatch but I’d have to order it and it will take over a week.. can I use what she laid in until that? Can I leave the egg in there to incubate? Either buried in the substrate like I found it or in a container on the ground of her terrarium to keep it safe?

Thank you!!