Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,308

1 members and 1,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook

Threaded View

Thanks

Exclamation Fluid build-up under snake's skin

My bp is just over a year and Is having this issues. It started off with one fluid filled blister (date size), almost looks like blood . I took her to the vet and he is giving her antibiotic shots every 3 days but she is not improving . Her entire tail is now filled with fluid . I’ve increased her temp to 100 degrees using paper towel as substrate and misting through out the day to keep humidity at 70 (minimum) she ate yesterday but had refused for the last 3 weeks to eat so she is very thin. She’s in a 30 gal tank and we keep one side cooler for her . We only feed frozen never live and she’s not been hurt . I only use lamps over top on screen so no chance of burning . I regularly check the temp and humidity in her tank and adjust as needed . She had a pretty bad shed this last time so I’m also soaking her in water every 2-3 days in 86 degree water for 10 minutes . I’m not sure what else to do to help her but I feel awful �� any advice is greatly appreciated .
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-26-2023 at 11:44 PM. Reason: changed word "similar" to "this" for clarity