ASF: Introducing new members to a colony?

Hello there,

I have heard and read that ASFs tend to kill new members of an already established colony new, with that I mean when a female has had her first litter. I saw a video a while back whereby somebody had a solution, I placed a dividing screen in a box. Which created two separate sections in that one box. And he would place the entire colony into one section and the new member into the other. They could interact with each other through the screen, i.e. seeing, hearing, and smelling each other. But they could not hurt each other. After 1 or 2 weeks, he would remove the screen and by that time the new ASF could be integrated into the group without any violence/killings.

The person used normal boxes, I have lab bins so I can not put a screen in the middle of the bin, as I have a hopper feed. This makes things complicated, so I was thinking, what would happen If have two lab bins, one with a colony let's call that one lab-bin-A and another lab bin with different AFSs that I want to introduce to lab-bin-A let's call the second one lab-bin-B. I would have my new ASFs in lab-bin-B for a week or so, letting their oder soak into the substrate then I would remove those new ASFs from lab-bin-B and place the colony of lab-bin-A into lab-bin-B and let them roam in the used substrate of new AFSs. The new ASFs would be placed in lab-bin-A with fresh substrate and after a week, I would do the same thing again. Removing the new ASFs and placing the colony into the "dirty"/used substrate of the new ASFs

By doing this, I would try to familiarize the colony with the scent of the new AFSs and thus hopefully, get them accepted by the group. Then after 2 or 4 weeks of rotating the ASFs I would introduce the new members to the group.

What do y'all think about such an operation, would I succeed?