Hi Everyone!

I have a 4-5 year old Pastel Female. Her "personality" has changed a lot these past few months and I think it's because she is ready to breed and looking for a mate.

I do have access to a couple of males from people I know but I am not sure I am ready to deal with the responsibility/expense of incubating and raising babies.

With that said, I am more interested in what happens if a female DOESN'T breed. So far, my main concern is that she hasn't eaten in over a month and is spending a lot of time in cooler spots of her enclosure. Recently, half of her belly was pressed up against the glass and I could clearly see her cloaca out and moving around.

I've tried feeling for follicles and I am not finding anything "obvious". There may be a little swelling and some slight tail suck but it's not clear to me.

Is going off feed at this point normal during the process of getting ready to breed? I've found conflicting info during my research and I am not sure if I should keep trying to feed or wait for ovulation.

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice.