Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 963

0 members and 963 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles

Threaded View

Thanks

Ball python body condition and feeding trouble

I'm worried about my almost six year old BP who has been eating sporadically for close to a year now. He'll accept 2-3 meals, then refuse around 3-4 meals and has visibly lost weight. I would say in the past 12 months, he's eaten around 7-10 times.

He has been through some stressful changes in the past 1-2 years, with me moving and leaving him with my family, where there was also a lot of change happening with different people living there at different times and he had different people taking care of him and coming and going.

I moved him to my new home in January this year and was able to get him to eat 3 times between Feb - March, but he has now refused 4 meals in a row and I'm started to get worried about his body condition because I can see he's lost a pretty significant amount of weight. He may have been a bit overweight when he first stopped eating regularly, but now I'm worried about him getting any skinnier.

I am going to be trying all the recommendations from the Psychology of Problem Feeders thread on this forum, but wanted to get some input on his body condition to know if I should try something more drastic sooner. If anyone has recommendations on how to get ball pythons to eat, please share them as well! I'm also wondering how often I should be attempting to offer him food - the current intervals are ~14-18 days.

Photos of my BP are below:

Last edited by Luvyna; 04-25-2024 at 01:11 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-25-2024),Homebody (04-25-2024)